Sign in to follow this  
VW02

Amp setttins

I just got my magnum in the mail today :D . I put it right in my box (2.1 @29hz) and wired it up to a brutus 1000 at 1ohm, put in some sublime and wow :slayer: .I've never had a sub before so this if my first install. I've only heard other kids at my high school and the only one that even comes close to this in loudness and sound quality is a kid w/ a 12L7 in a less than 1 cube box and it's still not as loud.

This may not be the right place to post this but if anyone has this amp has any ideas what to set my amp settings at, that would be wonderful. There's Subsonic 15-36hz, bass eq 0-18, lowpass 35-250, and the level/gain 9v-.2v.

Thanks.

What other stuff are you running? SS, I would set at 25 or right at tuning. As for the boost, leave it at 0. Gain will be dependant on what piece is before it and whatever voltage it is putting out. Lowpass will vary depending on what your other equipment is crossed at. I never play my subbass above 60, but others go 80 and above. Give us a list of all you have and we can help better.

I running a simple jvc head unit(2 volts) w/ some regular pioneer speakers in the doors, they really aren't that great. Then I have stock 3.5's in the dash w/ stock components which actaully are awesome. They've never distorted, but brimg out midbass when my sub is pounding away. I'm basically looking to find a setting that will bring some higher bass guitar notes(I play it). Thanks a lot for your help!

I'd start your lowpass at 80 and you can play around with it from there. Should be a good base point for you. You may find out you will like it with a lower setting though, seeing as how you are getting some decent midbass. As for the gain, set it on the 2 volt mark since you know your HU is 2V. After that, you should be all set.

B)

To tune and amp....

1. Tune HU setting how u like them and how u would listen to them.

2. Make sure gain and bass boost is all the way down.

3. Turn the volume up on ur HU as high as u would listen to it

4. Start turning up the gain until u hear the subs distort or when u know its too much and theyr not getting any louder and turn it back down a tiny bit.

5. Set ur Xover (LowPass for subwoofers High Pass for Mids) how u like it generally 80-160hz for mids/highs and 70-120hz for subwoofers.. Only use ONE LPF and ONE HPF, whether it be the head unit, external, or internal amp one, only use one.

i've switched the subsonic off, its suprisiing on some tracks when you feel a low rumble down from about 16-18hz upwards!

try it! its very cool!

Edited by tryatt