Sign in to follow this  
big420atx

Best/Smallest sealed box size for 2MJ 18'S

i'm about to get a pair of 18's and i only want to run them sealed in the smallest ideal box i can have them in...they are going in a 92 cadillac eldorado with a pg amp...if anyone here can help me out with the best per chamber volume and total box net that would be much appreciated....thanks and im glad i joined this site.

2.8ft^3 each is the smallest I would use. I had one in ~2.3ft^3 and it was just too small.

2.8ft^3 each is the smallest I would use. I had one in ~2.3ft^3 and it was just too small.

so splitting up about 7 cubic feet stuffed should be more then enough to make small animals drop dead when i drive by right... :horse:

whats the ideal or optimal real world seal box size for these subs btw.

Edited by mr 420

Real world?

you know...real world

like whats the norm that people are using with these speaks sealed with good results..

Your good, my good, & someone else's good can very different.

well i mean an actual good sounding performance from the speaker....not the i have 2 sony explodes 10's and a 50 watt crunch amp and my chit sounds good...i have been in car audio for the past 15+ years...my systems started with trash at first just like the industry and then i went up to full blown earthquake systems 6-15's or 4-18's powered by team pg or punch amps...then i grew up and switched to dyn's and mcintosh 440ms...i know what good is and i know what trash is.

since this is a new brand that i had been hearing things about i figured why not sign up and ask them directly...thats why i was just trying to find out a little about how these speakers perform in small sealed boxes or what would be the ideal size box for these.

Edited by mr 420

From my experience and many others, sealed box size should start in the 2.8-3.1 range and you can go up from there as you see it.

From my experience and many others, sealed box size should start in the 2.8-3.1 range and you can go up from there as you see it.

thanks for that info...i guess it would be safe to say that i should be good with 3.5 each driver....i cant wait to get them in and post up some real vids and pics.

When you guys say 2.8 cubes, are we talking 2.8 cubes empty, or a pound or two of polyfill, or so crammed full of polyfill that you have to stand on the sub so it doesn't pop out while screwing it in??