Sign in to follow this  
gellis4

freshly installed

Well, since the mags went on backorder i went to a shop owned by my cousin, and he hooked me up w/ an L7 12", on a price i couldn't really resist.

sooo, after 2 days of hell making my box, i finally put it in the Jeep about an hour ago, and have been able to get an idea of what it can do (turned the amp's gain up to 4v for about 1 min.. JBL 1200.1). I'm using my friends 1200.1, and i'm very suprised at what this sub did for not being broken in, and being in a 2.2 cube box tuned to 43 hz. the box is as close to kicker "street bass" as i can get. :boink: :boink: :wub:

but wow, this L7 blows the doors off the HC i had in there in terms of output hands down. They were both on 1200 watts, but the HC had a 5 cube box tuned to 35 hz.

Needless to say, i am really happy i went with the L7, but i also regret that i couldn't get to use the Mag 12.

Oh, and there is also an eD B2 that just came in the mail today.. but i'm not going to be using it. :sadwavey:

Edited by gellis4

:pic:

yeah i have gotten the L7's to get loud, but i have yet to listen to mine w/ music. so im not to sure what they sound like for street beat, i know i can get mine somewhat loud.

well, i was hoping to have pictures lastnight, but we got hit by a thunderstorm right when my friend got home from work.. soooo, hopefully i'll have some pictues tonight, unless i can get someone else w/ a digital camera to help me out.

But, when you see it all the wiring in there is from an old install. the only cables that are actually working are the ones hooked up to the amp, and my speaker wire is long as hell because it was from a home system that i had and didn't want to cut it.. ect.. ect.. i just basically slammed it in there and turned it on. HAHA. :slayer:

Next week is when i really finish the install because i'll have my components, and new wiring. ;)

The backseat is going to go back in soon, but the box needs a little modification.. she needs to move back a couple of inches before the seat will go back in (bolt that i didn't find untill we tried to put the box in.. which fits wayyy tight)

edit- also going to do some spray on bedliner for the covering.. i don't want to work w/ carpet, and this box needs to be waterproof.. damn jeeps. here's a pic of my old box w/ water damage

post-7-1086992450_thumb.jpg

Edited by gellis4