Sign in to follow this  
nitr0racing21

MAW 15 sealed or ported?

What should I do go ported or sealed?

Also my rockford amp says 1017 RMS @ 1 ohm. how do u set the ohm. im a total newbe sorry. and my subs only 500W RMS

Well you would run the amp at 2 ohms mono because the sub woofer is dual 4 ohm. I feel the MAW's should be ported for most installs. Maybe you can see if someone can design you a box, and make a cut sheet for you. Then all you would have to do is cut the wood and piece it together. :)

You would wire it like so:

1_4ohmDVC_2ohm.gif

You don't decide it.

Wire it like in the diagram, and best bet it to go sealed in your case. Use mach5's recommended enclosure size.

Mach5 suggests 2.2 as the sealed box size for the MAW15. Here is a quick and dirty 2.285 sealed box design for you. :)

post-3-1188404935_thumb.jpg

Well as I read more and more about ported boxs I'm begining to get and idea of how to do it all I will go sealed at first but I do plan on going ported in the next few months.

I'm unable to download the link.

Its not to download, it is just a picture.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Thats what it says.

EDIT: Also the 2ohm RMS wattage is 726. so will that also make me blow the sub if its RMS is 500?

Edited by nitr0racing21

The error returned was:

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Thats what it says.

EDIT: Also the 2ohm RMS wattage is 726. so will that also make me blow the sub if its RMS is 500?

Probably popping that error since you still have less then 25 posts. Once you past 25 there will be a few more features available.

tempbox-T.jpg

Probably popping that error since you still have less then 25 posts. Once you past 25 there will be a few more features available.

interesting i did not know that....hmm