Sign in to follow this  
stratusrt01

fighting noise

Well, I have to ask for help this time.

I have a high pitched whine coming through my speakers, even without the car running, so it's not engine noise, but this one is strange. While troubleshooting, I grounded both the radio chassis, RCA shields (Pioneer FTL), regular ground, redone every ground in the car, ran new RCA's, etc etc. So I gave up last night, and decided to sleep on it. This morning, went back out to combat the problem, just turned the key to ACC, fired it up, and it was gone. Went to start the car, and it came back. So I did a little more troubleshooting, and went back in and figured out that with the key in ACC, there is no noise, but as soon as I turn the key to run, even without the engine running, the high pitched whine is there.

anyone ever run into a problem like this before or know how to combat it easily? Seems like I have something in the car causing a loop whenever the car is actually in RUN.

Edited by stratusrt01

well, after fighting with it for a couple hours, I got it figured out. It was the typical Pioneer low level out problem, so I fixed it correctly. Took the headunit apart and soldered a ground from the RCA shields to the main ground on the case, and it cleared it right up.