Sign in to follow this  
Kyle Richardson

Product highlight for September

rs12.jpg

These drivers dont get a lot of screen time outside of the specialty home audio DIY groups but are definitely worthy of taking a look. These drivers were built with one goal in mind and that was to provide top of the line sound quality at an affordable price. The 12" models run under $130 and the 10" models come in at under $120

Some highlights from the site:

The Dayton Reference Series subwoofers take the quality at an affordable price to an entirely new realm. As with the rest of the Reference Series, the main focus of these subwoofers is ultra-low-distortion. Second, third, and intemodulation distortion are kept extremely low by utilizing three short-circuit paths within the motor structure. A durable aramid fiber spider and extensive venting throughout provide quiet and uniform excursion. The black anodized cone, rubber surround, and custom gasket give this driver a unique, high-end look.

Choose the high output (HO) version for automotive applications or for equalized high-power home subwoofers. Choose the high fidelity (HF) version for home systems when you are looking for clean, low bass and are not restricted by cabinet size.

*Extensively vented motor eliminates compression and allows quiet excursion

*Extra-thick black anodized aluminum cone for maximum rigidity (HO)

*Lightweight black anodized aluminum cone for rigidity and lower moving mass (HF)

*Triple shorting ring motor for ultra-low distortion

*4-layer coil for high power handling (HO)

*2-layer coil for reduced back EMF (HF)

*Highest quality materials throughout for long-lasting performance

Warranty: 5 years.

Param. 12HO 12HF

Fs 26 Hz 23 Hz

Qms 4.0 3.0

Qes 0.44 0.52

Qts 0.40 0.44

Vas 45.8 L 84.9 L

Re 3.4 Ohm 3.3 Ohm

Le 1.75 mH 0.95 mH

VC Dia 2.5" 2.5" cm2

Xmax 12mm 14mm

Power 700W RMS/1200 W Max 400W RMS/700 W Max

SPL 88 dB @ 2.83V/1m 89 dB @ 2.83V/1m

Those are the specs for the 12" High Fidelity and High Output models. For those interested in the 10" High Fidelity and High output models click here.

I definitely enjoyed the HO that I had a chance to play with.

is it just me or does it look alot like the sound splinter rli 10? minus the dustcap of course... the basket, cone and surround look very similar...

Similar basket, but the rest looks a lot different to me.

Lot of sub for the money!