Sign in to follow this  
SouthPole1989

2 12" icons

hi, i am thinking of getting 2 12" D1 icons and putting them in a 2.2 F^3 ported enclosure tuned to 33 hz and possably being powered by a Saz 1500d. i am not a basshead by anymeans. and i listen to mostly to rap and i am wondering how loud would they be even the above info(granted that they are sq subs).

hi, i am thinking of getting 2 12" D1 icons and putting them in a 2.2 F^3 ported enclosure tuned to 33 hz and possably being powered by a Saz 1500d. i am not a basshead by anymeans. and i listen to mostly to rap and i am wondering how loud would they be even the above info(granted that they are sq subs).

is that box 2.2/ea sub or 2.2 total box size?

2 12's is more then enough for someone who is not a bass head. hell with 2 10's and that box size tuned to 32 hz would do more then enough justice for you with that amount of powa.

"is that box 2.2/ea sub or 2.2 total box size?"

-SSaudio

( won't let me qoute)

that is each sub.

that should work just fine then. Sounds like great set up.

Your enclosure sounds like a great start, tuning looks great too, and the amp matches up well. If you are interested we can do a combo deal on the three. :)

i already e-mailed you guys about it a think a week.ago 965 i think it was.i got a small 250 doller bonus so i am getting the enclosure done now.

Edited by SouthPole1989

Guest zedman
i already e-mailed you guys about it a think a week.ago 965 i think it was.i got a small 250 doller bonus so i am getting the enclosure done now.

I am interested in hearing how this sounds. And how loud it is. I am kicking around this same idea currently as well. I would have less airspace but I would like to know how it does. Thanks Z

u will love the icons :) sound great and even better once broken in.

I believe acex3a set up is very simular to what your looking to do. I heard his recently w/2 12" ICOND2's and sounds incredible to me. Very sharp and defined, yet hard and loud all at once. lol anyways, you find out as soon as you give them a try

I believe acex3a set up is very simular to what your looking to do. I heard his recently w/2 12" ICOND2's and sounds incredible to me. Very sharp and defined, yet hard and loud all at once. lol anyways, you find out as soon as you give them a try

agreed! :) i love them

ok. i don't mean to keep bring this thread up. but i have 1 last question, if i set my gains right and every thing would having a sundown saz3000d be too much for 2 12" icons ( i may get the d2 version for efficiency purpose being a 2 ohm load instead of 1 ohm load.) the reason being is that i might get another vechile later down the road.