Sign in to follow this  
Impious

What the fudge is wrong here....... ???

My PC won't play videos from the internet (YouTube, etc). I know it's not the videos because 1) it does it with every video I try to play and 2) I played the same video on a laptop that was here at the house and it played the exact same video my PC wouldn't.

The videos load just fine. But when I go to watch them they only play for about 2 seconds then freeze. If I fast forward to a different spot in the video, it will resume playing for about 2 seconds then freeze again.

I've cleared all of my cookies and everything since this has started happening with no change. Everything else seems to be working fine.....just won't play back any video.

Any ideas ??

What browser is this in? Are we talking about imbedded flash (ala YouTube) only, or externally loading video (in WMP, or RP, or something similar)?

i've had the same problem. i uninstalled what ever driver it was on youtube and then re installed it. happend alot on my old cpu (read pile of junk)

Are your OS and media players up-to-date? If not, try updating.

Come to think of it....I only started having problem (that I'm aware of) since I installed Quicktime. Possible that has something to do with it?

What browser is this in? Are we talking about imbedded flash (ala YouTube) only, or externally loading video (in WMP, or RP, or something similar)?

Firefox is the browser.

Just tried playing several videos from ROE (which load directly into WMP).....and they didn't play correctly either. They didn't freeze completely like YouTube'esque videos do though. They just skipped the majority of the frames.

Quicktime probably set itself to be the default player for all videos.

Just need to reset the other programs to be the defaults instead.

How to do this, I have no idea. :D

Right-click the file, select "Open With" from the pop-up menu, select "Coose Program", scroll through the pop-up window and select the application you want that type of file to open with, click the radio button labled "Always use the selected program to open this type of file", click "Okay". This is Windows XP but they're all about the same... maybe not Vista, which I have never used... or Mac OSx either.

Quicktime probably set itself to be the default player for all videos.

Just need to reset the other programs to be the defaults instead.

How to do this, I have no idea. :D

Start > Set Program Access and Defaults > Choose a default media player

You may also want to uninstall and reinstall Flash (www.adobe.com) and uninstall Quicktime altogether ... I use Quicktime alternative as I freaking hate Quicktime w/ a passion ...