Sign in to follow this  
tez4life

Havoc 18s

(2) Havocs 18s, 11 cubic feet before sub and bracing displacement, powered by a pair of Sundown 1500ds sounds good? Reason im asking is thats the free space I have ava in the center of my trunk, the amps I have (well I only have one), and based on another forum members review and advice on his single, I thought about doing two. Would that be enough airspace? Too much power?

Assuming that's a sealed enclosure, you'll be in good shape.

Thanks devil driver, i didnt get a chance to thank you for the advice on the other thread. Your review was interesting and made my choice in subs difficult at best lol.

Its just its so many good companies on this forum alone that it makes it hard to decide who to shell out the money too. In my mind, im thinking that (2) 15s ported will do it for me, but I have never ran 18s period and my previous setup (4 AA assassin 12s sealed of a Orion 1200d) had great output and very nice SQ, just didnt drop low enough for me.

The Havoc 18s will fit the bill sealed and leave me with plenty of room for amps and batteries. Not to mention, giving me that low end I have been looking for!

Yeah, there's a lot of great performance subs out there at extremely affordable prices. I think you'll have a lot of fun with the Havoc's. Paired with a sealed enclosure in the size you mentioned, I'm quite sure you'll find a lot of great output at low frequencies with good balance and "tightness". Should be a lot of fun.

Havoc 18....... 2 of em ....... yummers! If you havent done it yet, I would definitely cut a passthrough from your trunk, and box in any speakers on the back deck( if you have any). Those 18's will destroy any speaks back there not boxed in... trust me;). Remember to wrap those tinsels... I used some leftover walmart car-carpet and just glued them around the tinsels.

<<<<----------Havoc 18 FTMFW!!

Edited by cx-7heaven

Havoc 18....... 2 of em ....... yummers! If you havent done it yet, I would definitely cut a passthrough from your trunk, and box in any speakers on the back deck( if you have any). Those 18's will destroy any speaks back there not boxed in... trust me;). Remember to wrap those tinsels... I used some leftover walmart car-carpet and just glued them around the tinsels.

<<<<----------Havoc 18 FTMFW!!

Already done sort of, I only ran front stage in the last install, when I notice removing the rear speakers increased my output in the car. I also have a huge hole already in my rear deck between the rear speakers. I also thought about removing the ski hole cover where the rear armrest is in the back seat and replacing it with acoustic transparent cloth.

I have never done a build log, but I have an idea how im going to lay out this system and I promise to take plenty of pics and give a detail review (well as best as I can lol, im def no expert).

Sign in to follow this