Sign in to follow this  
viper_04649

Box

ok, i am getting a new 15" (when they send these bad boys out). but i want to make a small sealed box, close to 2 cf. This is going to be put into a Saab 9000 hatchback. Also i have viped d1200.1.

post-25-1087389259.gif

I have two box ideas, 1 is just a rectangle, and the other is a wedge design, witht the woofer facing somewhat at an angle. also i overhan the long peices over the sides. which one would sound better in my car?

Edited by viper_04649

For multiple amplifiers the Monster kit would be better but for a single amplifier install the Stinger kit will do just fine.

What's more important about your box is placement, not the shape of the box. In a hatch, I'd put it as close to the back as possible. And if you end up with right at 2 cubes, I would definately stuff it 50/50 with fiberglas insulation and polyfil.

definately stuff it 50/50 with fiberglas insulation and polyfil.

is the fiberglass insalation, the same stuff my house is insulated with, if so, isn't it pretty thick stuff, and have like a foil on the sides?

what is the sub displacement, for when i build the box?

Yes, it is the home insulation, but of the fiberglass type like Owens/Corning. You know, the stuff with the Pink Panther in the commercial. Or it may come in a yellow glass as well. It is not foil backed nor does it have foil on it.

I believe Nick states the displacement at .07 or .10 cubes.