Sign in to follow this  
MValley70

Screw sealed....going back to ported

Well for the MAG is going to be going into the 3rd box in 3 weeks.....mistakes on my part....I am deadly with a tape measure!!

it is in 1.1 cubes sealed right now....but i am going back to ported...output suffered too much for me

So i took measurements like 3 times to make sure it will fit....the box is going to be 34L x 15H x 10D which equals 2.18 cubic feet......as you can see i want this box to be as thin as possible cause i want to save as much trunk space as possible

So going by those measurements and then add in the port and driver displaement.....port is 13.5 tall by 1.5 wide and 24 inches long which equals .28 cubes

so after all displacements i am guessing it will be around 1.7 cubes tuned to 30Hz

Does this sound alright to ya'll?

Scott, SC

If i am brave i can make the enclousre one more inch deeper....11 inches instead of 10 and that bumps up the enclosure volume from 2.18 cubes to 2.412

I think i can be brave.......that will give me a final volume after displacements of about 2 cubes...maybe a little more....sounds better to me

What do ya'll think?

Scott, SC

Your latter idea is better. You'll be pleased with that one, I'd wager.