Sign in to follow this  
toolskizm

12" BL and Q

Just wondering..and sorry if this has been asked before, which I'm sure it has somewhere. I ordered my two Q 12's. The BL and Q are the same price, same RMS handling, same size, same enclosure recommendations (aside from tuning which is a little different) . Just curious as to how they perform differently? Or is the difference mostly to being able to customize the BL more? Say putting them in a 1.8 cube box with 2k watts ported to 32 would having a BL or Q make much of a difference?

i'm gonna bump this rather than starting a new thread because i have the same question. i am planning on getting a single Q12 but am interested in the bl since it seems to be more popular. also the universal option is interesting since i plan on running it off a sundown 1500d. i was going to start at 2ohms but would like to have the 1 ohm option. what are the sound charateristics of the q vs bl? enclosure will be sealed in the optimal size. will a "loaded" (no extreme lead) bl even handle 1500w?

It really depends on your goals, most people are more bass head than they admit which is why you see the BL as more popular. Potential for more output than the Q, but at the trade-off with response.

<- guilty of being more of a basshead than i'd like to admit.

so theres 2 ways to ask this question; will a bl in a optimally sized sealed box have decent sound quality? OR: will a q in an optimally sized sealed box be loud enough/have a good low-end. the amp is a constant (1500D). what about the power handling capabilities of the bl? i want to say sq is more important of the 2, but without with good lows i know i won't be happy.

if i recall corectly...Fi doesnt even recommend using a sealed box for a BL...

hope that helps out buddy

stick with the Q

you wont be dissapointed

i have a q 15 w/ Bp option

and i love it

plan to be giving her 2000 watts daily soon

Edited by jockin my styLez

if i recall corectly...Fi doesnt even recommend using a sealed box for a BL...

hope that helps out buddy

stick with the Q

you wont be dissapointed

i have a q 15 w/ Bp option

and i love it

plan to be giving her 2000 watts daily soon

From what I hear the Q with BP option is rated at about 1500w...

(had to edit)

Edited by Jybfan04

i think they say it adds 300-500 more watts power handling

i dunno where you got 2k from

Me neither...

Sign in to follow this