Sign in to follow this  
x_bong_x

need help 15" icon enclosure

just ordered the 15" icon amp package and i need help with a ported box tuned to 32 design (im going to try to make my 1st box with my friends help:P) thanks

im sure the first thing they are gonna ask is what are the max dimensions u want 2 use on ur box

If you can fit 3.5 cubic feet, that would be a great place to start.

I would suggest doubling up on the baffle if possible. Do you know what amp you are going to use?

Finally got it setup last week! the sub exceeded my expectations! heres a few pics

02 Blazer Xtreme

281728391.jpg

281728368.jpg

281728409.jpg

281728339.jpg

281728526.jpg

281728502.jpg

The truck and the install looks great!!! Very happy you like the sub.

bong did you switch to a sealed box or have you always had that icon in a ported box?

its ported on the right side, its around 6 cub and i only have 1000watts pushin it. ill get some more vids up once i get a new cam.

ya i hope you do get some more vids up man..because for 1 15 your system is hitting and it sounds really clean and tight..not rattling and muddy..

something i want to talk about..out of all the icon vids even the ones with 2-3 and 4 sub set ups..this 1 15'' seems to be the best..it just sound like it has that deep, tight, accurate bass..were has the others just seems like there is alot of rattling and all the bass is just all over the place...also when you look at the vid it does look sealed but he said its ported on the right side..bit i did notice he used a larger box then advised i beilive he said its 6 cu ft...so do you guys think this is the magic number for this sub at this size? if you havent seen the vid here it is..and for 1 15'' its incredibly accurate sounding not to mention the sq from what i can tell is awsome..

http://www.teamssaudio.com/video/play.php?vid=142