tommy

help ASAP

I need to test my old bd1000.1 but need to figure out what speaker wire is what to hook up to my line output converter. Nothing is marked in any way besides color. This is for a 06 impala without bose.all the power and everything is hooked up. Just waiting to test the rcas.

The left rear speaker has brown and yellow and the right rear speaker has blue and light blue.

Any ideas one which is positive and negative? I need to find out if this amp works or I'm gonna but a new one ASAP.

06 impala I have no idea, why not just grab the wire near the speaker if it is just to test.

I have already spliced into the speaker leads and ran them over to the line output converter by my amp rack. Does it really matter if I get them backwards for hooking up my loc. Any way I can test with a voltage meter or a speaker I have lying around?

Just a phase swap if they are backwards, just make sure to do both sides the same. After connecting it though you could then switch one of the two sides to see if it sounds better, and it might.

Ill run with that or when I go to best buy soon see if those clowns have any idea out in there install shop. I was gonna make sure they were correct the first time just so I can soder and wrap them and be done.

Um, you misunderstood my last post. Don't worry about what they did stock instead worry about what sounds best. Unless of course you are using this for a sub and taking both sides and running it into a sub amp. I have rarely met an installation where the standard phasing sounds best. Very rarely.

Yellow and light blue are positive.

Nice to see GM still using the same color code since the 70s.

Yea that's what the dude at the local shop said. Now to get off my ass and finish this so I can get my car together before the weekend...