Hey guys, I'm in the process of building a system for my Infiniti G35 coupe and I'm trying to figure out which amp to get. Here's what I'm getting:

Front components: Focal 165 K2P's, 100W RMS

Rear Midbass/Midrange: Diamond Hex S6.0mx3 150W RMS, or Infinity Kappa 62.7i's, 75W RMS (Haven't decided if I want full range or not in the back)

The amps I'm looking at are:

Audison VRx 4.300 4x110W, $1300

Audison VRx 2.150 for the fronts, and run the rears off the HU 2x110W, $860

Audison LRx 4.300, 4x65W, $640

Focal 4x75W $620

Audison LRx 2.250 2x110W, $525

Diamond 6700.4 4x110W, $525

Focal 2x75W $420

I would love to get the Audison VRx 4.300 and be done with it, but it takes a large chunk out of my budget and I could spend that elsewhere. I'm trying to decide how much better the Audison's and Focal's sound vs the Diamond that puts out about 35 more watts per channel and is about 100-300 dollars cheaper depending on which amp I choose. The majority of music will be MP3s because that's what I have more of than CDs. I just don't know if more expensive and supposedly better amps will be apparent with a lower quality source, I will still listen to a good amount of CDs though. What do you guys think? Anyone that has any of these amps and wants to comment as well, that would be great. Thanks!

Honestly, it'd be pretty hard to go wrong with any of that list.

Take out the rears and that helps your budget for the Audison a bit :)

I am pretty much just going to X2 all of that.

Shame the Draconia is out of stock. If you are referring to the new Focals, they looked impressive.

PHD is also available in the states and will sit around those prices

tbh i wouldnt touch the diamon, DLS is now worth a look and you get good prices in the states, the audison would be my choice

i also have a new celestra amplifier in next week $3200 if your interested plus shipping of course fing05.gif

Edited by barnie

tbh i wouldnt touch the diamon, DLS is now worth a look and you get good prices in the states, the audison would be my choice

i also have a new celestra amplifier in next week $3200 if your interested plus shipping of course fing05.gif

Just wondering why would you stay away from the Diamond?

Just wondering why would you stay away from the Diamond?

whilst they are very good amps i would put my money elswhere, its hard to justify them, prices for you may be ok but here in the uk they are very expensive hence why we dont use them much

Im in shock that someone talking about buying aan udison vrx amp is using a COMPRESSED MP3 MUSIC SOURCE!

Thats like wiping your behind with 100 dollar bills. Spend your money on a good head unit, twith a 24 bit D/A converter, and throw out the MP3's first.

After you are done with that, save up for the Audison VRX, as it is the perfecrt match for Foacl linesou

I am pretty much just going to X2 all of that.

x3, and I would say whatever fits in your budget, has the processing and crossovers you need, has the power your looking for and fits your install or preferences (size, capabilites, customer sevicem, etc.)

Im in shock that someone talking about buying aan udison vrx amp is using a COMPRESSED MP3 MUSIC SOURCE!

Thats like wiping your behind with 100 dollar bills. Spend your money on a good head unit, twith a 24 bit D/A converter, and throw out the MP3's first.

After you are done with that, save up for the Audison VRX, as it is the perfecrt match for Foacl linesou

Your first post is to a thread that over 2 years old?? WTF.

lol wonder what OP ended up with...

Didnt even pay attention and notice it was that old.