Sign in to follow this  
theothermike

problem with 100.2 help

hello guys i have a question that i want to here your input on.....

i have a 100.2 that i just recently got from jake.... last night i added a grill to my sub box, thats it. i then played some late night tip to check for clearance. at this time my mid basses were playing. my 100.2 running off low section on my 3 way on my 880 prs. the sub amp then daisy chains to the 100.2's outputs. Today i get in my car and noticed as i turned my car on and put my book bags in the back trunk, that the 100.2 wasn't turning on, it just constantly stayed in protect while my other 3 amps played including the sub amp using the 100.2's signal outs. i got home today and tried to see if maybe i had a speaker short or something. so i unplugged my speaker wires and turned it on, still in protect. i dont know what it could be. I checked the fuses on the amp and they look fine? im sending 13.4 volts to on the remote wire to amp. and voltage from batt is 13.3?

Any help?

Have you tried just connecting the rca's to the 100.2 & disconnecting the other amps? Possibly could be having a signal problem w/ the rca's, since you are running 3 amps off of 1 signal.

no im not, im running the mid ranges and tweets off of a 4 channel knukonceptz krystal cable. This rca is connected to high and mid on headunit outs, and i connected a 2 channel krystal to the low outputs on headunit, only 1 amp running off of the 100.2 other than the 100.2 itself. so 2 amps on 1 rca. it shouldnt be staying in protect. I did try and disconnect them 1 at a time too though.

Mike,

Check first to see if the actual voltage at the amp terminals is good, if that is good and the remote voltage is good something may be wrong with it. I believe that is the refurbished 100.2 you got from me? Perhaps something else was wrong that did not show up in my testing, just let me know.

the voltage was at the terminals. plus my 2400 is about 2 ft away =]. this did come to mind, im not sure what happened with the other customer who had this amp, and i dont know what was replaced on it, but i thought it could somehow be the same occuring problem as before... i dont know if there is any other thing to check. but it seemed odd that it went down only after a week or so. it must still be a little faulty. let me know if there any other possible solutions to check before i send it off to u.

Easy solution would be to peer inside and look to see if the power supply FETs are burnt. Originally that one was pretty much DOA (the only 100.2 to date to be so) and popped one bank of FETs due to a short between two wires. Anyhow, pop the bottom cover and look around and LMK.

any chance u can explain what powersupply fet's are.

im guessing power supply is the big wire mass and the fets are the cylinder shaped objects?

FETs are the square things with 3 legs on them along the heatsink.

well there wasnt any burn marks that i could tell on the fets, only thing i noticed where edges where slightly shinier, umm power supply had black melted goo (guessing glue) the holes where 3 legs go into, on side with 2 power supplys, toward middle i noticed the holes around boards seemed slightly dusty / chipped kinda. i guessing those hole u repaired when fixing the amp. i didnt see any problems =[......

well there wasnt any burn marks that i could tell on the fets, only thing i noticed where edges where slightly shinier, umm power supply had black melted goo (guessing glue) the holes where 3 legs go into, on side with 2 power supplys, toward middle i noticed the holes around boards seemed slightly dusty / chipped kinda. i guessing those hole u repaired when fixing the amp. i didnt see any problems =[......

If you can't get it working send it to me and I'll take a look, you do have a warranty on it after all :)

luckily =]. ill pray by grace of god that it works tomm.

gota have it rdy for the usf vs west virgina game friday tailgating.

it feels good having a unknown school being ranked 18th for the 1st time.

go university of south florida bulls =]

didnt work, i changed wiring around again to be passive again running off 100.4 man what a diff it like a down grade once u hear active. i barely hear my mid basses like i did when active.

Sign in to follow this