oxsign

Destination Audio

My father-in-law is getting ready to install his theater system in the new house. He's kinda on a budget, but wanted me to about this brand, specifically about the AC640 & AC680. Whats your input on theses? Thx, Vic. :thanx:

Honestly, I don't know. This is what he said he wanted to do, and was asking on the quality of these speakers. Any input on them?

I hang out at most of the home theater forums and I have never heard of this brand. From their site, they look like they take OEM speakers and put their label on them. The BC-600 for example. A few years ago, I ordered this exact speaker from Home Theater Direct for about $120/pair. In my new house I needed a similar setup in the living room so I checked out the Dayton line from Parts Express. They had the EXACT same speaker for $60/pair. Unfortunately they have discontinued that line of speakers and introduced an upgraded line with Kevlar woofers. I haven't used them but I have read reviews on different forums from many satisfied users. link

-Robert

Destination Audio is part of RBH Sound. Their products won three awards from Electronic House Magazine last year. But I have to agree on the in-ceiling question. If your father-in-law is dead set on doing an in-ceiling system, at least use the ALC640 speakers. They are on a 15 degree ofset so they point towards the sweet spot and not the floor.