Sign in to follow this  
SikSS

Need Help with 1st Ported Box

I'm trying to come up with a ported box using the http://www.reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html, for my MAW-12.

I've come up with the following, just wondering if it's right. I've gone to a bunch of other design programmes but they seem to require metric conversions to be made or info I don't see on the specs for the sub.

The measurements I've come up with are the following:

Using 3/4 MDF, 24X15X15X15, Port 1.5x13.5, with this I come up with a tuned freq of 28.62 which is right around the specs of the MAW-12. Now, the box volume listed is 2.019 feet with this design, is this the net box volume including those 2 extra sheets used to create the port inside the box? I guess I'm supposed to get to 1.8 cubes per Sub Specs, so I'll probably do so if the sub uses an internal volume(which I don't see on the subs spec sheet but am assuming its .27cubes per discussion with Mark in a previous email.

I did build a sealed box which I'm quite happy with, but would like to try a ported design to see how much difference there is. I'm finding that it's very particular and you could make a lot of mistakes if not done right first hand.

Looking for some help or if someone could review my specs above or already has a good tried and true programme they can forward, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

It looks about right. It appears that the area taken up by the port/wood has already been worked into the total, so you're fine with what you see.

It looks about right. It appears that the area taken up by the port/wood has already been worked into the total, so you're fine with what you see.

Yahoo! Thanks again Mark!!!!!!!!!! Off to Home Depot I go.