Sign in to follow this  
mikey5472

ssd or w3

as the topic says i have a 12 inch w3 and was just wonderin if a ssd would be better

Prepare for a lop sided answer to the question. I'll start and say SSD :fing34:

i know that ssd has more rms but which one would be better like lower louder oh and it is in an s10 reg. cab oh and would the 10 or 12 be better

I'm a firm believer in the more cone area the better.

so your sayin go with the 12 then thats what i was thinking now for the bow how do i calculate the hz and things ive built like 4 boxes but never realy never calculated that and ive only built sealed boxes i want a ported box for lower bass

so your sayin go with the 12 then thats what i was thinking now for the bow how do i calculate the hz and things ive built like 4 boxes but never realy never calculated that and ive only built sealed boxes i want a ported box for lower bass

theres a free calculater on subwoofertools.com just figure your maximum outside dimentions and put in your woofers xmax and desired tuning frequency (HZ) and it will give your a cut list tell you how much material you need and a basic diaghahm of the box

Depending on how much space you can get for them, we can tweak the SSDs to work well either sealed or ported. Ported yields more output, but in a reg cab truck is more difficult to do. How much power do you have for it?

Thanks,

Scott

In a reg cab s10 you should have roughly 1.5 cubes behind the seats if you dont wanna lose space, thats about perfect for a ten ported, or a twelve sealed, the ported ten would probably get louder

yea theres about 1.5 cubes and i was thinkin the bl 10 or q 10 or ssd 10 or ssd 12 but what do u guys think would sound better ive came up with quite a few box ideas in the middle of school lol but idk i have a 12 inch w3 in it right now but its only got about .5 cubic box which yea i know is way to small so it distorts like crazy but idk just hit my up with wut u guys think

Guest zedman

theres a free calculator on subwoofertools.com just figure your maximum outside dimensions and put in your woofers xmax and desired tuning frequency (HZ) and it will give your a cut list tell you how much material you need and a basic diagram of the box

I have used that calculator and it has some glitches while it is an awesome tool you need to make sure the cut list is right on both of the last two boxes I have built 2 panels were wrong on the list if you are looking for basic info it works great as well as giving perspective to the box size needed. Z

ive tried to use the calculater a few times but it doesnt have the depth it always gives me way to much when i only have about 7 1/2 inches to work with it usually gives me about idk 10 to 15 inches but i have came up with about 5 to 10 box designs som sealed some ported but i dont know how to configure the hz for it

cool that helped me out a lot i finally have the box design which is kind of similar some of the ones i had haha now i just have to sell all 5 subsi hvae and buy a bl 10 lol

Sign in to follow this