Sign in to follow this  
The Natural

IA 40.1 questions, comparisons

Ok guys, give me the details on your 40.1 amps.

Let's say someone wanted to build an Extreme 2 car with the goal of being the world's loudest car.

I assume they are able to be bridged in pairs, correct? If so, at what impedances have you ran them at under these conditions? What voltage do you recommend?

Also, give me alot of technical babble about impedance, voltage, current, heat in coils, control over the coil/cone, etc. How would 8 of the 40.1's compare to something like 4 of the JBL/Crown amps (specifically, with the JBL's driving 4 ohm loads)? How about 8 of the 40.1's compared to 4 Hifonics XXV Sampsons? I'm looking for comparisons of current draw, SPL capability and the ability to NOT burn up coils.

(Nick, I know you've explained some of these details to me before, but I've been away for awhile!)

Thanks!

Ok guys, give me the details on your 40.1 amps.

Let's say someone wanted to build an Extreme 2 car with the goal of being the world's loudest car.

I assume they are able to be bridged in pairs, correct? If so, at what impedances have you ran them at under these conditions? What voltage do you recommend?

Also, give me alot of technical babble about impedance, voltage, current, heat in coils, control over the coil/cone, etc. How would 8 of the 40.1's compare to something like 4 of the JBL/Crown amps (specifically, with the JBL's driving 4 ohm loads)? How about 8 of the 40.1's compared to 4 Hifonics XXV Sampsons? I'm looking for comparisons of current draw, SPL capability and the ability to NOT burn up coils.

(Nick, I know you've explained some of these details to me before, but I've been away for awhile!)

Thanks!

Paul,

Looks like it time for me to call you again! You know I don't discuss dB Drag loudness on the forum! :)

Nick