Sign in to follow this  
Schmuck

Need Help regarding the 07 MD3's

I have 2 07 Merlin MD3's and i did have them strapped but I had to take them out of strap mode because the master amp was slipping in and out of protect. With them working individually I do not have that problem but I am having problems matching the output. I can play one frequency and balance them out to where they put out the same AC volts at that frequency but once I change frequencies the amps are not balanced out anymore, one will be putting out more than the other except for on that one frequency that I set them to. They will be out of sync by 10 AC volts on some frequencies. In strap mode they put out the exact same power at all frequencies but it is slipping in and out of protect. What is going on? The amps are powering 2 HD3 15's, wired to a 1 ohm load each, HU is a Kenwood KDC-X891 and I also have a Rockford PA2 eq. Could any of this be throwing the amps off? I would love to keep them strapped but I do not want to fry them, when I called Greg he said I would have to open them up and cut 2 resistors on the board of each, but he never called me back telling me which ones to cut. Can anyone help me? Please!!!!!!!!!