Sign in to follow this  
tommy

subwoofer amp?

Never been a big fan of Behringer anything. But for the price you can't really beat the watts/$ it gives you.

I use one to power a pair of quad VC TC-3000's in stereo (2 ohm /channel). It works great and provides loads of power. I did put a resistor on the fan since it is pretty loud. There are a few 24v quiet fans that are great replacements and make the amp virtually silent. I also use a Behringer Feedback Destroyer to flatten may sub response.

-Robert

It will be installed in the lower closet area of my house. It can be as loud as it wants in there as long as its functional. The price compared to others seems to good to be true. Ill have to check out my local dealers.

I have one of those powering my FI Q in a LLT box. it does an amazing job at serving up power and handling heat. I replaced the fan with a less cfm panaflo fan and during movies like LOTR it gets really really hot, but never failed me at all. If the regular fan was in there i would think it would never get even warm.

Sorry but what's an llt box?
Large Low Tuned. Think of the EBS alignment and go larger and tune lower. Depending on the driver, the enclosure will be around 400L to 600L and tuned below 15hz. I've seen people go as low as 11hz with a replica of a Polk power port. Check out the DIY section at AVS Forum or Home Theater Shack for a lot more details.

-Robert

LLT = EBS.

LLT (Large Low Tuned) is an "internet name" a man by the name of Steve Callas created for no particular reason. EBS or Extended Bass Shelf is the standard name (created many years ago and adopted by all known industry groups including AES) used for describing what Callas rebranded.