Sign in to follow this  
BiNarY

Using MAW-10's For a three way tower speaker

anyone know or have tested the maw10s to know how high they will run with a relatively flat output and no distortion? i need to get roughly 400-600hz outta em, reason for this is i have come into owning a pro-sound amp, and am looking to create some party speakers.

I don't think that would be their strength. What drivers are you trying to make them blend with?

If you're looking for party speakers you will need something that is much more efficient than the MAW-10's. You won't need low bass either - think 80Hz and above with emphasis on ~120-160Hz. That's where most of the excitement is.

look for some pro audio speakers....i've never done anything with pro audio or seen it done on one of the forums...get us a project log to look at

oh and about running them at 400hz to 600hz !?!? what did you have planned for below 400? you might want to reconsider your plans slightly

oh and about running them at 400hz to 600hz !?!? what did you have planned for below 400? you might want to reconsider your plans slightly

i think i may have confused you guys, im lookin to use em UP to 400-600hz. i've got roughly 2kw on tap, i heard the mj18's are pretty solid up to about 400hz, as far as the other drivers i was thinking of a compression driver midrange, and a horn tweet. there are a few i have in mind from Partsexpress.com.

That is really high to run a subwoofer. I agree with mark as well in that you should focus on the 100+ range for the goal you have in mind.

There are plenty of other woofers that will go up to 1K or so...but the MAW-10 isn't what you're looking for. Something like a B&C, Eminence Alpha or Dayton cast frame would do that, as well as be a lot easier to mate with a horn. Given the right (read: big) enclosure, you'd have plenty of midbass reaching down to the subbass depths with ease.

I'd also advise against a horn tweet and compression midrange, might as well get a horn for everything 1K and above.