SilviaVsSupra

building 2 iCON 12" enclosure for small trunk

got my iCONs in, and im starting a few enclosures.. problem is, im not sure what kind of airspace is optimal.. id rather build 1 or 2 boxes and play with the tuning rather then ad to my collection of T&E boxes..

hoop of the trunk is unbelievably small, so the box might be split into 2 boxes.. ive got a few solid ideas for boxes that have measured out to 2.5 each sub.. should i be shooting for over 3.0??? from DevilDriver's review it seems the subs like the biggest possible enclosure..

il post pics in a few

The Subject..

014.jpg

The problem.. this is a simple, off the shelf 2 12" box

016.jpg

017.jpg

so theres not much room, and i cant build the enclosure in the trunk because il have multiple setups.. so this is one of the ideas, but the actual will be 5 inches longer and 4 inches wider, and possible angled outward

015.jpg

Good luck with the build. I like the G35s but I had no idea the trunk opening was that small. Thats going to be a challenge for sure!

Good luck with the build. I like the G35s but I had no idea the trunk opening was that small. Thats going to be a challenge for sure!

The Chev cobalt my girl drives has the same damn problem. I've been watching this thread and the other to find out how it all looks in the end so i can hook her up someday. she keeps asking me to hook her up with beats.

This is a great set up here though I'm watching it I love those cars!

Have you considered upward firing?

BUMP- what was the final consensus? i am doing something very similar in the same car. good to see another G coupe on here :)