Sign in to follow this  
imhungnurnot

Tensil Slap on Fi X 12's

I have two Fi X 12's and the tensil leads slap really bad. I have about 450watts on each.. i know the RMS is 300 watts.. but the sub is still putting out clean sound other than the leads... i noticed that the tensil's aren't aligned with the pad on the back of the cone. if i were to relocate the pads do you think this would solve the problem? THANKS

Possibly. If youd like me to send some out I gladly will. Whats the enclosure and amp set up like? Ported or sealed?

Possibly. If youd like me to send some out I gladly will. Whats the enclosure and amp set up like? Ported or sealed?

Each on is sealed in a 1.23cuft after displacements. They are being powered by an autotek mm1000.1. They are dual 4 ohm subs ran into 1 ohm. If you believe moving the pads will help, then i'd be more than happy to try it because they get pretty loud for 300rms. I much rather its frequency response over Fosgate P2 12's. I out beat one of them in a ported box from Fosgate against one of my X's in a sealed box!!!!

I looked into it further with free air testing.. the actual pads are loose and are making the noise. I superguled them back on. What would be the best? a type of epoxy? or supergule?

Yup, my BL 10" pads are peeling as well, and I can hear some kind of noise, its not led slap but some kind of noise? I wonder if it is the pads??

What kind of glue could we use Scott?

i'm sure you could just use some super glue or epoxy. which ever. it's just to hold the pads in place.

Sign in to follow this