FINALLY PICKED MY SETUP

2 Fi Bl 15" subs

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

this soundstream PCA2000 monoblock d amp

http://cgi.ebay.com/SoundStream-PCA2000D-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

this wiring kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-1-0-Gauge-Amp-...1QQcmdZViewItem

how would all that work?

EDIT: Could this also work? I currently own a jl e6450 six channel amp http://www.carsound.com/articles/publish/article_268.shtml

If i wanted to could i get this dual amp wiring kit http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-1-0-GAUGE-6000w...1QQcmdZViewItem

Use the dual amp kit to power my jle6450 for my comps and the soundstream for my subs? i need some opinions on if that would operate good or not

Edited by SEC

Everything looks good. Make sure you get the Dual 1 ohm BL's so that you can wire that amp to 1ohm.

Pass on that Stinger kit for sure and get the Kicker one. More bang for the buck.

cool cool also are those soundstream amps pretty good? i recall hearing some good stuff about them? and any comments on hookin up the dual amps with that kit? the jl for comps and the soundstream for the amp

Not sure what distros come with the amp kit, but if you plan on going from the 1/0awg main line down to 4awg for the JL and 1/0awg for the sub amp you need to get a distro that is fuseable.

As far as the Soundstream amp goes.. I've never personally used it so I can't really comment on that.

i also got a question im kinda confused on when a amp says 2000 W x 1 @ 1 Ohms RMS but if u got 2 subs at 1 ohm wouldnt that make it that u have to run it at a 2 ohm load since each of ur subs is puting out 1 ohms?

You need to spend some time learning how wiring subs works.

With a dual 1 ohm sub you can wire each one to either .5 ohms or 2 ohms. When you put two of the DVC1 subs together you can wire them at 1 ohm or 4 ohm (also .25 ohms, but hardly any amps can go that low).

So you want DVC1 subs so you can get the most possible out of the amp.

well would the 2 Fi Bl's hooked together be getting the 1 ohm 2000 watt power out of the amp? of the 2 ohm 1500 watt power?

or since the dual 1's are Re: 0.75 Ohms/coil

does that mean with the 2 subs i would be getting a 1.5 ohm loud out of my amp?

Edited by SEC

u think u can make a little diagram to show how it works ?

or is this the right wiring?

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_c...sp?Q=2&I=42

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woof...mp;woofer_imp=2

are the Fi Bl's 4 ohm dual voice coil subs? so that i can do that wiring to get the 1 ohm load out of my amp?

Edited by SEC

You need to go to FI's website and find out what coils they offer. Because.. you can't get the BL's in 4 ohms.

Research my friend. Do some of it. You have the basic concept. You'll be wiring the subs in Parallel-Series format.

If the subs are wired to 1 ohm... why would the amp be putting out the 2 ohm power rating?

ya man ive been doing my research i may sound like a dumbass but im just tryin to learn i jsut thought if u wired 2 1ohm subs that they would need a 2 ohm load from the amp cause 1 ohm plus 1 ohm equals 2 or does it not work like that?

naw it dont work like that when i w as first learning i didnt get the concept either bt u will get it soon

alright so the 2 Bl's hooked together will be able to get the 1 ohm load out of the amp?

i love my soundstream pca 2000d amp. i'm planning to do the same set up but i'm wanting to get 2 ssd 18's for my ride

alright so the 2 Bl's hooked together will be able to get the 1 ohm load out of the amp?

Only if you get the DVC1 option with them.

then that would be the dual 1's correct?

Try to think of it this way, and use your link to "the12volt" for reference, but go to the "woofer calculators" page.

Each of your drivers will have 2, 1ohm voice coils, hence the "1ohm DVC (Dual Voice Coil) rating". That's 4 total connection points on each sub. A series connection will increase (numerically) the rating, and a parallel will decrease it. So, first think of each sub separately. If you make a series connection on each sub (positive from one voice coil to the negative of the other coil with a short jumper wire), then each sub will, in effect, become a 2ohm driver and you will be left with 1 open positive connection point and 1 open negative connection point on each sub.

Then you would make a parallel connection between the 2 subs, connecting the open positive terminals from each sub together and the open negative terminals from each sub together. This will bring you back to a single 1ohm connection, which would connect to your amps respective positive and negative outputs.

Again, go check out the diagram at the12volt after reading this so you can see the connections being made and have a visual idea of how it should go. Hope this helps you out, it can be a little confusing at first.

SEC, where do you live, town wise. Just seeing if I could be of any help to you if you are close to Gainesville, FL.

As for the BL's I am sure you have read enough to know what they are capable of. The PCA2000d is a strong amp. I have been using one since February of this year on my pair of Q's and it has been strong. I am sure it isn't doing 2000 watts @1ohm as stated due to Voltage drop and impedance rise, but that is a whole separate issue.

Overall, everything should work well together considering all the good advice that has been givin in the thread so far.

nice future set-up, are you going with the 15's sealed or ported? be sure to at least try to get a second battery and run the Big 3 on your electrical. those PCA2D's are power hungry. or well mine was. also there is a little fan inside the amp that well to me annoyed the hell out of me, even with the amp in the trunk i could hear the hum of the fan running when no music is playing, even when i'd turn off the car i could hear the hum of it fading as it turned off. i have very large internal pics of the amp if you'd like to see.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, i noticed the one you chose is on ebay, if you DO get it from ebay DO get the side warrenty that is offered for the price. since the amp is sold on ebay and not a dealer the factory 1-2yrs warranty is voided. thankfully when i bought mine i purchased the 3yr warranty from the side company and when my amp went poop, i sent it to them, and within 1 month i already had my refunded check in the mail.

Edited by fbi90909

cool cool ya whatever i do im going ported but ive been talking to SSAUDIO and he has really convinced me about getting some SSA ICONS 15" so im REALLY looking into those as well

which ever route you go, your still going into the right direction.

im in atlanta GA but i do come to fl often

Yeah, ATL is a bit far. I figured I would offer though. GL with the install. Feel free to ask questions, there are a ton of knowledgeable people that frequent this forum and are happy to help you out.