Sign in to follow this  
duece212

Powering a 3000

Hey all, getting ready to install a 3000 I picked up (will install in about a month) in my 07 f150. I have a yellowtop g34 up front, was planning on running 1 deka intimidator outback and upgrading the alt to a 200amp powermaster.

Would this suffice for daily driving or should I look into a 2nd intimidator? Will never be played with the truck off. Reason I'm going with the intimidator and not the powermaster batts is I'm cheap and they look good for the money.

Last, does powermaster have a dealer network, or if I'm lookin for an alt do I need to go directly to powermaster?

thanks!

-bud

What ohm will you be running the amp at? Also from what I have read thus far, and by the numbers (haven't gotten mine yet) I would suggest an extra battery

J

Will be ran at 1ohm on two rlp18's sealed. I'm trying to save a little money and space, but if dropping voltage is a concern with only one deka in the back I will find a way to make two happen.

You should be okay IMO with one battery back there, but why not get something more "car audio" minded back there?

J

You should be okay IMO with one battery back there, but why not get something more "car audio" minded back there?

J

basically just me being cheap and the bang for the buck factor on the group31 deka's seem pretty good. I can get one shipped for 170. The powermaster 3100 is 299 shipped.

Well that is a good point, but in this game you can't be totally cheap.

J

Well that is a good point, but in this game you can't be totally cheap.

J

I prefer frugal as opposed to cheap :)

It just seems that the deka's have done good for people so I sometimes wonder why pay extra if its not needed. Not so much cheap, just smart purchasing.

I have an email into powermaster, will see what the alt and a few batt's will cost and then do some soul searching and maybe some diggin in the couch for any spare change and see what I can do :)

Smart idea.

And u said cheap first LOL. I would of used frugal too bro.

J

Smart idea.

And u said cheap first LOL. I would of used frugal too bro.

J

True true, I slander myself worse than anybody else :)

poop, powermaster just replied and they don't make an alt for my truck :( If there was one company to get an alt from that was it...all the others seem iffy. crap

Ohio Gen is a good company to work with

Unfortunately plans have changed on the 3000, will be going with a different amp. Ohio Gen seemed like good people when i called them though, for sure.

try dominic iraggi

It just seems that the deka's have done good for people so I sometimes wonder why pay extra if its not needed. Not so much cheap, just smart purchasing.

Because a lot of people don't understand the concept that batteries really aren't made by too many different manufacturers :D

Carquest sells a rebadged battery labeled NGT Extreme. It uses the same AGM technology that Kinetic uses but costs $140 compared $400 for a Kinetic HC2400.

Pretty good deal and lots of people swear by them.

Carquest sells a rebadged battery labeled NGT Extreme. It uses the same AGM technology that Kinetic uses but costs $140 compared $400 for a Kinetic HC2400.

Pretty good deal and lots of people swear by them.

Crazy those NGT Extreme's look extremely similiar to the deka's on the outside. If my local carquest can get them for 140 each it would be worth trying two just to see how they do. Thanks!

Called my local carquest they said they can't order the group31 ngt extreme and their group34 is 170 bucks...back to the deka's :)

Edited by duece212

I've read that corporate owned stores should carry the complete line of carquest batteries. Not sure if the one you went to is corporate or franchised.

Where did you see this test on same technology as Kinetiks Bigjae??

I asked my local Kinetik rep and he said they are far from the same technology...

I wanted to show him something to see what he says about that...

If you want to know 100% about battery stuff... get on Termpro in their battery section and ask Scottie J :)

Sign in to follow this