bjcoo2

can't decide Q or Ssd

hey guys i am pretty new to the game, and i just sold my old system and wanted to do something new. i had 2 12" kicker cvr's in a ported kicker box with a kenwood 500x1 rms 2 channel lets just say it was sloppy but it got pretty loud. I just bought a new mtx thunder elite ta801d and its putting out 891x1 at 2 ohms and i dont know whether to get the 15 Q or the 15 SSD, and i have no idea what kind of options to put on it. I listen to 60% rap and 40% rock and im trying to focus on LSQ. would either of these woofers get louder than the 2 12"s i already had? any imput that you guys have would be extemely helpful! Thanks, Brian

Edited by Amznhalokiller72

Welcome to SSA. Louder is more dependent on the install then just the subwoofer. If I were in your situation, I would probably choose the Q, but the SSD with Copper coil is nice. :)

i think i might go with the SSd because it doesnt like it will be much different in output from the Q but its almost 70 dollars less, but now should i go for the copper coils or flatwind

I just ordered a 10"ssd with copper coils

fing05.gif

i think i might go with the SSd because it doesnt like it will be much different in output from the Q but its almost 70 dollars less, but now should i go for the copper coils or flatwind

That amp will not require the need of power handling advantage of flatwound, unless you plan to upgrade in the future. The copper coil seems to be a favorite of people wanting the smoothest sound they can get.