Sign in to follow this  
RB1997

many questions

hey everyone, i just got a ford ranger single cab and i want to put in some audio stuff but i don't have any idea about this kinda stuff. i took some measurements and i have 9" of depth clearance so i was looking at a 12" kicker sub encloser, a sony 900 watt amp (it says Mono subwoofer amplifier, does that affect anything?? ) and a jvc Arsenal reciever. will all the different brands be allright togeter and will i need a different battery or anything?

also on crutchfield.com i saw a ranger single cab sub box with amp made by mtx would that sound better intead of the kicker one? does someone have one by any chance?

thanks to everyone

it is fine to run a mixture of brands. just don't run a mixture of speakers and sizes. by speakers i mean like having 1 Kicker 12 and an MTX 12 hooked up at the same time(yes I'm aware of you going for a single sub setup). it is fine to run a mixture of speakers for instance of 2 12 MTX, some kicker 6.5 comps with some pioneer head unit.

since you are going with a single sub you could use the mono amp(though most users on the forum would disagree with the brand of amp you stated). just be sure you can get a matched power rating for the subs wiring configurations. just because an amp says 900W doesn't mean it does 900W. as for the sub enclosure if you have the time, patience, and the will to build a box to fit for your car is very possible and not hard to do, plus it can be quite cheaper and a great learning experience.

for the amount of power you are looking at you do not really need a new battery, though a little wiring upgrade considered as the "Big 3" will help a lot if you do see dimming in your lights.

oh and welcome to the forums!

Edited by fbi90909

thanks alot, so will that system be loud and clear and all that good stuff or will i have to add mid range and tweeters? oh and what would be a good amp instead of that sony?

Edited by Ryan

Not a big fan of Sony's there are a ton of other options that are preferable. What exact Kicker combo are you looking at? Without knowing it is pretty hard to offer any recommendation.

oh, its a 12" CompVT

That isn't a combo that is a driver, the box/install is the most important part of the equation....