Travo-18

15'' fully loaded BTL

Hi im just now getting into Fi audios products i havent heard much about them but im wanting to do 2 15'' fully loaded BTL's in my cut through of my pick up.. im gonna have 2 orion DC5000 amps and im wanting to know if the subs can be mounted any which way or do they have to be mounted a certain way. I currently have 3 kicker L7's off of one Orion DC5000. Will the 2 15's get a lil bit louder beings that im going to have more power? Will they sound better than my L7's and are the Fi's durable and long lasting cuz i dont want a sub thats gonna quit out on me after a couple months...

p.s. im an all out spl freak.. so i want to make sure the FI's are gonna kick ass lol

I am pretty sure with the suspension system they have, they do not care about mounting orientation. . . I assume you are asking because you will have to tilt them to get them under the bed cover?

They will definitely take abuse. . . .I have only had mine a couple of weeks, but I have put them to the test already :D

I don't know how your setup performs now, but I would guess the BTL's with double the power will be louder if the install is done correctly.

Brian

actually im having them face the backs of my bucket seats.. i only asked that because i was told with high power subs they have to be mounted facing up or down to desapate the heat better.. how do u think the BTL 15 will satnd up to an orion HCCA 15 with over 4inches of excursion

I have heard mixed reviews about that sub, but since I have not heard it myself, I will not comment.

My BTL's face forward. Some drivers actually cannot be mounted firing down. You get cone sag from the weight of the cone pulling down on the spider.

Brian

i read a couple reviews and not to many people said anything bad and not to many said anything good... so u think that the 15'' BTL fully loaded will be my best bet.. u think it will be louder than 2 12'' re audio sx's

Will they sound better than my L7's

lol

how do u think those subs stand up to the memphis mojo or the orion HCCA 15''?

I am wondering the same thing about the mojo. I am currently running a MOJO 12" w/ an mcd1000. I am looking at the possibility of another mcd1000 and a BTL but if it isnt gonna be that much louder then I will save the money.

... just my thought... i know for a fact that the FI btl is a better sub then a mojo anyday.

and the L7's are so power hungey. and thay are such a muddy bass, im a FI fan,

i have been all over the sub market,

kicker L7

kicker old school back and golds

kicker solobarics the round ones..

goliath hifonics subs

jl w3

jl w6

mtx 8000

mtx black and reds, old school

orions,

cerwin vega strokers

mmatts

i have been though alot of subs,,, and my fi subs are so DAMN SEXY and thay sound good

I have run several brands and models of subs. MTX, Kicker, Panasonic, RE, Fi, TC, Ascendant, Orion, Blueprint, and the list goes on. . . In my vehicle, the BTL's are my favorite so far. . . .

Edited by BKOLFO4