rastaman

10" Fi BL Box Build

Just some piccy's of my box build. 1.2 cubes ported at 35 hz. Haven't figured out if I'm going to do a slot or a round port. I've done the calcs for both in winISD and I'm ready to do whichever one is easier.

Trusty table saw! And a piece of wood.

DSC01310.jpg

Stack of wood and toolboxes...

DSC01311.jpg

My blue prints. I am a engineer, after all!

DSC01312.jpg

This is where its at right now. I'm thinking about the port and whatnot. The top will be skinned with a 1/8th wood, I forget what it's called at the moment, it's in some of the pictures. It'll have foam on top and covered with black vinyl, it's the new center console in my pickup. Sub placement will be a little different, but when I get to that point I'll show you!

DSC01314.jpg

My grandma gave me a nailgun for my birthday...how SICK is that?!

DSC01315.jpg

My memories of my stopped-but-not-forgotten drag racing days.

DSC01316.jpg

More updates this week.

nice start man. as i can only guess on what's going on right now, it looks good. keep us posted, i like single 10 builds.

bl 10? with the right power and setup those woofers are ridiculous, seen one do 148 before. absolutely insane, lol you will have lots of fun with people trying to find where all that bass is coming from " no way that's from one ten"

bl 10? with the right power and setup those woofers are ridiculous, seen one do 148 before. absolutely insane, lol you will have lots of fun with people trying to find where all that bass is coming from " no way that's from one ten"

Thanks. I'll be throwing like 1.2k watts at it. It won't be hard to see. The magnet will be hanging between my seats:)

I got the port built today..went with a slot port 1.5x9 inches, about 20" long, around 35 hz.

I know some people use winixp to calculate their port area and lengths, but what method did you use to find out how long the port should be?

I know some people use winixp to calculate their port area and lengths, but what method did you use to find out how long the port should be?

winISD...works well and it's free.

Just a quick update, I have the interior of the box built, the sub cut out done, I have to blend the port in with the curve of the front of the box tomorrow, skin it and cover it. My new wiring is coming in on wednesday if UPS is accurate. So I'm hoping to have it installed and tubthumping by saturday, it will most likely be finished Sunday tho.

Any more pictures?

Rasta, did you get a chance to fire it up yet? Inquiring minds want to know!!! :santa:

I'm trying to decide between an FI Q 12 sealed off 1500 watts, or a BL 10 ported and I'd love to hear what you think of yours...

More pictures please & where are you from?

Summit racing is a great place, I live within 40 minutes of one, Kent area one, Ohio btw.

More pictures please & where are you from?

Summit racing is a great place, I live within 40 minutes of one, Kent area one, Ohio btw.

London, Ontario Canada. About an hour north of Windsor/Detroit.

Tomorrow(or today, it's 2:30am and I just got off work) I will mount the sub, put the top piece on, and smooth it all down. I get my wire order from Knu tomorrow as well so that means I can wire the sub up, I have to take my seats out to get my current system out so that will have to wait until the weekend. I will take more piccys once I find the camera.

Thanks for the compliments as well.

Mounted the sub, put the top piece on, looks sick...but now with the hardware I used to mount the subs(10x24 bolts, with nuts and locking nuts) I'll never be able to take the sub out without removing the top skin, which is glued and nailed on.

Oh well...it'll make carpeting it a lot more fun! (thumb DOWN)

More pictures. The box in it's entirety:

DSC00054.jpg

This is closeup of the port, where it meets the curve of the box. I didn't think it through before I skinned it. I should have put a piece above the port and below the port so I would have something solid to nail the skin to over the port, and make it look real nice. The bottom didn't flex very much but the top sure did. I just hope the vinyl will make it look halfway decent.

DSC00055.jpg

This is just a view down the port. Pretty dusty.

DSC00056.jpg

This is the cutout for the top skin. I am NOT happy with it. It was a pain to cut a good circle, the wood kept vibrating. This is the third attempt, and this part is the only messup I had. You can also see part of the mounting hardware.

DSC00057.jpg

I haven't put the back piece on yet, still trying to figure that one out because I'd like to make it removable. Little bit of wood splittage, got a lil trigger happy with the nail gun.

DSC00058.jpg

And the Fi ad, thrown in for kicks.

DSC00059.jpg

All that's left is back piece and covering.

i know this is a little old but the build looks great. how'd it sound once you got everything in the truck?