j.brungardt

Help with SSD enclosure

How would having an enclosure bigger than the recommended box volume affect my system. I am planning on ordering a 12" SSD w/ copper coil. I am trying to save money on this system which isn't something I'm used to since I usually go all out. I was thinking of buying an already made enclosure to cut down on costs. I'd like to know how this would affect the sub's performance.

Here's the box I was looking at:

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7521_Sonic...Box-+1SA12.html

Thanks!

Also if I was to go with a smaller box how much would it quiet it down. The other "discount box" I was looking at is only 1.8 cu ft.

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_7498_Sonic...Box-+1SV12.html

Any other suggestions for a low cost enclosure would be appreciated, and making the box myself unfortunately isn't an option.

Edited by joe

First one seems tuned too high... might be able to block one off for a lower daily tuning. But with the copper coils 1.8 cuft is fine. Only issue is that we dont know the tuning of that enclosure either :( Id hate for you to get something tuned to 45Hz and loose a good portion of the bottom end of things.

We will gladly help you design an enclosure if you want to have someone else make it as well... although the last box is rather cheap.

Thanks,

Scott

where you from joe?

I'm from St. Louis. I really don't mind spending money on a good box, I just would have loved to save some money.

Last time I had a box built I got royally screwed. I had never bought a custom enclosure before and I think the guy saw me coming.

If you could help me design a nice box I'd appreciate it. I'd like to go with a 2.5 Cuft ported box. Any suggestions would really help.

THANKS!

I got a quote from Phil at woodlawncabinetry.com. I was looking at his stuff and he does really nice work. The only problem is I'd rather not spend the $235 that he quoted me on the box.

If anyone knows of some how I can find a cheaper box that would work for this sub let me know. :D