Sign in to follow this  
WildSebring

New RE Install

1104071511xb8.th.jpg

Hope you like. It looks pretty good. Sorry for crappy photo, took it with my Chocolate cell phone.

Jeff

Thanks guys. It's coming on really well. Still have to install my ZAPCO 650.6 amp for mids and highs and get my Hi-Fonics amp outta there.

Apreciate your praise. I need better pictures though, but am without a digital camera.

yeah it looks nice from the front. though lots more pics are required!

i'm curious as to what the back looks like as well.

what are the specs on the box size? is it ported(looks like it) and what's it tuned to?

did you seal off the trunk from the cabin? i'd like to know how it sounds cause i plan to seal my trunk from the cabin and mount 2 15's in the same location.

also what car is that?

edit: lol never mind the questions about type of car and enclosure. didn't see the sig. :P

Edited by fbi90909

At work right now, will provide more pictures tonight or tomorrow. I know only one picture isn't doing any justice. No it isn't sealed off from the cabin, even though I would love to do that.

Yes it is a ported box. The vents in that trim piece are where the vents extract from. I had a custom front panel built to make it clean. I had it built at 29 hertz, but have had it extended to 35 hertz for a little more beat-up. It's 5 cubic feet with a .46 cubic foot displacement for the subwoofer. Double walled 3/4" MDF with extra bracing inside the box. Ask Lord Baccus(Brian) He has seen it in person and he flipped out when he learned the vents are on the outside of the box. It's trick.

I haven't finished mounting everything in the trunk yet. I will this weekend, and post a few more pictures.

Thanks for your praise. Have no idea what kinda dB number to expect from this setup. Anyone?

Looks great, and nice amp. :)

looks good so far. make sure that you use the symbilink cables for the amp. i'm sure that you won't be dissapointed with the sound and power of zapco products.

A little off topic.

ragnaroksq, I read your sig, and that is me in a nuttshell. Need more midbass and midrange. :D

To the OG poster, why did you mount to sub crooked? Maybe it is me and my symmetrical approach, but hey, to each their own. Now, show my the junk in the trunk!!

Yes, the sub is mounted a little to the right, but I wanted it that way. Make it a little different, I guess. I like to stand out as much as possible.

Yea, the ZAPCO 650.6 amp looked badass and i've heard awesome things about them, so I decided to go big. :)

I will have some more pictures this weekend on Sunday. I'm going to mount everything in the trunk on Saturday hopefully after I get off of work., because right now it's all Fugly, lol.... but it beats up damn hard, lemme tell ya.

Thanks for the praise guys.

Edited by WildSebring

Yes, the sub is mounted a little to the right, but I wanted it that way. Make it a little different, I guess. I like to stand out as much as possible.

Yea, the ZAPCO 650.6 amp looked badass and i've heard awesome things about them, so I decided to go big. :)

I will have some more pictures this weekend on Sunday. I'm going to mount everything in the trunk on Saturday hopefully after I get off of work., because right now it's all Fugly, lol.... but it beats up damn hard, lemme tell ya.

Thanks for the praise guys.

Green with ENVY :lickscreen:

Envious of me? Wow..... I'm the one that should be envious of you. But thanks man, I really appreciate it.

Frank kept telling me, grow some balls and buy that amp......so I did. :)

Hopefully will have pictures soon. Thanks for your input Brian.

ragnaroksq, I read your sig, and that is me in a nuttshell. Need more midbass and midrange. :D

lol that is some serious stuff. i hate when people will pay $1000 for a sub, but they will budget $40 for mids. does not make sense to me :fing34:

Jeff & Carlo have come a Loooooooooooong way toward Killer Car Audio from when i met them...

i feel like a proud Parent...

they have each took what lil i could teach them and have gone different routes to come to an Awesome outcome... i am Proud !!!

No 1/2@ss systems for these 2 kids :slayer:

Thanks "pops" , hahaha lol.....

Appreciate all of your help Brian, you've been the biggest help in getting me to this point. If you hadn't showed me that Soundstream SPLX 12" and that PPI DCX 1000.1 , I would still be banging that 12" Kicker CVX and that 300 watt kicker amp.

I appreciate it, I really do.

Whens the next competitions starting up?

I went from a 1/2 half ass system to a fudgeen badass system all because of you. Thanks Brian.

Will have some more pics of the trunk install very soon!

You know Carlo has that WOD "Weapon of Mass Destruction" sub and a USamps 4000.1 amp right now dont you? Damn thing sounds pretty good in that box I gave him at 34 hertz.

I gotta work until 12 noon on Sunday, but I'll try and make it out there. I'd really like to know what kinda number this thing will throw down. I need to get a few things done but I can do it I think.

You going to have your Explorer ready? That's a badass amp rack you made, I like it a lot.

I will contact you later this week about that Zapco mounting solutions.

Amp rack is completed and operational...

need to tweek a few wires but its done pics to came later :)

ill be home all week after work get with me and well get that monster Sq amp installed :captain:

Edited by Lord Baccus

Probably have time Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Friday. Wednesday and today I have other stuff going on.

That setup is gonne be awesome, I'm happy for ya.:)

Will probably get at you tomorrow afternoon sometime about the Zapco. I want to power the 6x9 SST's and the 6 1/2" Treo's with it unbalanced for now. And maybe some badass Tweeters from Frank. :santa:

Appreciate all your help man, really do.:) Talk to ya soon.