Sign in to follow this  
nothing13

My turn at a "Holy Sh!t!" post

Well, after about 2 months of my 12" SI Magnum sitting in a box in the corner of the living room, i got around to building a box and getting it in the car. This sub is replacing my 3 10" Orion XTR's in a 3.1 ft^3 sealed box, some pretty big shoes to fill.

The box about 1.3 ft^3 net, sealed, and stuffed about 50% with a mix of fiberglass insulation and cotton stuffing. The amp is an Orion XTRPRO 1000, running at 1 ohm for a full 1k output.

Well, first impression.

Wow, this thing is tight!! :slayer: I listen to metal about %99.9 of the time so this was a big deal to me. This sub sounds flawless. I went through about 10 CD's, from Fear Factory to Lamb of God, and it has handles everything with ease.

I cant get over how clean this sub is. Given it only has about 45 mins of play time. I cant wait to get this thing broken and start feeding it some power.

Nick, I just want to thank you for a fantastic speaker at a great price.

I know these "wow" posts show up all the time, just wanted to get mine in.. :P

yeah, i've gota say, they sound awesome playing metal. electric guitars and kick drums sound absolutely AMAZING :slayer:

I find the Magnum most appealing with Jazz and Classical. :D

Just got back inside...

At first, i had the Mag firing into the trunk. I just built a baffle that fits on the front of the box. Its now firing into the cab. Not as loud as before, but i think the difference in sound is gonna grow on me. It's definatly nice to be able to watch the 3D Magnum logo appear! :slayer:

I think im gonna try a ported box in a few weeks and see which i like better.

I find the Magnum most appealing with Jazz and Classical. :D

Go get the spies CD "Music of Espionage" and listen to track 3...then go to tracks 5, 8, and 9....

If you thought your Magnum shined with the music you listen to now...get that CD and play track 3....it's everything you EVER wanted it to be...and WAY MORE! :)

8, 9 provide the kick drum response....makes me tingle how well she takes the Kick drums...

Never thought a Mag would make my favorite CD a Jazz CD...