TwStDeVo

Fi BL, SSA Icon, or DD 9500??

2 10" BL's will be leaps louder then a single 9512 if set up correctly.

I have no experience with the Icons, but I can see by the specs that they would be a good set of 10's as well for clean sound and moderate output.

2 BLs 10" were 2db+ louder then an MT 12, BTL 12, 9512, and mag 12" on 1800RMS.

well i am having blueprints for the box created by www.hexibase.com, im trying to get the loudest set up with 3cf or less space.

Yeah i dont recomend running any amp at .5 ohm daily for very long. i run my 3000d at .5 ohm for comps. and it doesnt drop the voltage to bad. i have the stock alt right now but i am considering upgrading. for daily use i have two Deka intimidators in the tool box of my truck, and it really helps with the voltage drop and dimming of the lights.

Not trying to steal your thread it's just I'm looking at the same subs and I don't think it would be smart to start a new thread on the same subs. I have a saz-1500D and which one of the three would best match my amp? I'm only looking at a pair of 10" subs and really the toss up for me is Fi BL or the Icon. I don't think they can handle full amount of 1500w so I would have to run them at 2 Ohm for 800-900w.

Not trying to steal your thread it's just I'm looking at the same subs and I don't think it would be smart to start a new thread on the same subs. I have a saz-1500D and which one of the three would best match my amp? I'm only looking at a pair of 10" subs and really the toss up for me is Fi BL or the Icon. I don't think they can handle full amount of 1500w so I would have to run them at 2 Ohm for 800-900w.

You don't think two 10" ICON's (rated at 900wrms btw) can handle a 1500D? You're so wrong. I know someone running 3000w to a pair of 15" ICON's.

You don't think two 10" ICON's (rated at 900wrms btw) can handle a 1500D? You're so wrong. I know someone running 3000w to a pair of 15" ICON's.

Listen I didn't say they can't I said I don't think they can do to the fact they are rated at 900w rms and that I haven't heard anything about them until an rep suggested them to me. Now if they can handle 1500+ w for daily then that is great. I know that the Fi BL is rated at 1000wrms but I'm not sure if it can handle 1500+ w for daily. Now I'm looking for SQ and pair that would match up to my amp and I was told that the Icon had good SQ. thanks for your input and btw I'm not looking to get bashed here I'm looking for help.

couple problems I see here:

DD 9500 needs more than 1500 watts, if you have 1500, look at the 3500 instead.

The 9500 is also an spl woofer, I've owned tons of them, and they have nothing that resembles SQ at all. The BL is just a toned down SPL sub, has a little better SQ than the 9500, probably about the same as the 3500 from what I've messed with them. The only true LSQ LSQ, whatever you want to say woofers that were listed are the Magnum and the Icon.

Listen I didn't say they can't I said I don't think they can do to the fact they are rated at 900w rms and that I haven't heard anything about them until an rep suggested them to me. Now if they can handle 1500+ w for daily then that is great. I know that the Fi BL is rated at 1000wrms but I'm not sure if it can handle 1500+ w for daily. Now I'm looking for SQ and pair that would match up to my amp and I was told that the Icon had good SQ. thanks for your input and btw I'm not looking to get bashed here I'm looking for help.

Chill out Zins, you're not getting bashed. You're just taking it the wrong way. Go back and read word for word what I said.

John the bash part wasn't directed towards you it was to let people know where I was coming from because seen it happen before anyway I just found your comment cocky in a way. So lets just forget about and give each other a hug ;). lol j/k well what I'm looking at between the toss up I had would be the Icon and to look into the SI but I think I would just go with the Icon.

I didn't see any 10" SI site so I'm guessing they don't make them..

I was looking at this thread while i was choosing subs and i ended up going with two 10" icons

BTW i'm going to be running 2400W rms to these 2 subs all day long. So i'd assume that they can take 1500 without sweating. From what i'm told tho after you finish breaking them in their really efficient.

I was looking at this thread while i was choosing subs and i ended up going with two 10" icons

BTW i'm going to be running 2400W rms to these 2 subs all day long. So i'd assume that they can take 1500 without sweating. From what i'm told tho after you finish breaking them in their really efficient.

Not sure if 1500RMS daily is a great idea. Your amp @ 1200/ea RMS is pushing it, but they'll do fine with that set up. I'm sure you'll be more then happy with them.

Yes, 1500 is a bit high for an ICON, but that does not mean you cannot turn your gains back if you still want to run that amp.