Sign in to follow this  
Mathman

How many of you are running sealed setups

I hear all kinds of different installs while playing around on here. Funny thing, I don't really see to many people running a sealed setup, almost all ported and IB. Is there any reason for that? I honestly never heard a sealed setup and am curious.....

I'm using sealed in my apartment. I prefer it to ported, but I'm not a basshead either...

I'm using sealed in my apartment. I prefer it to ported, but I'm not a basshead either...

werdup Jim_unit. im no bass head either. I am in a 1.3 cube sealed. but i am not using a Fi product, I am using an SI Mag. I am happy where I am right now, I just have to beauty things up in the trunk

Reason I ask is cause I am about to install a system in my girls car and she isn't a basshead like i am. Debating sealed or IB. Can one of yall hit me up on the major differences in sound between the two. She likes some bass, but not to where it makes her nose tickle and such like my truck.

I have 3 sealed and one ported. I don't like the ported.

IB is a pain in the ass to install but can sound the best when implemented correctly. It will be the least loud of the three alignments when they are all compared and optimized for the same driver.

I guess I will give the sealed a try. I am almost scared, lol. I guess in my area we have been brainwashed to where ported is the ONLY way to go unless you get some quick box from Best Buy or what-not. I will have to take some measurments to see what will fit, I will either be going with 1 18, 2 15's, or 2 12's....all depending on final measurements and such. I think I measured out 4 cubes of space in order to save her some storage for when we travel, but I am sure the more storage room she has the happier she will be.

Edited by Mathman

Sign in to follow this