Sign in to follow this  
tharookie

what electrical to use w 1500d?

ok,im running a 1500d to 4 12's.my voltege is dropping from 14 to 11.8.its killing me and i know i need a altenator.ive got a deka intimadator under the hood and was wondering if someone could help me w a altenator.would a 240 amp be too much and what kind.also what kind of batterys are best to put in the back?im planning on buying a second 1500d later in the year and need every thing set up right!!thanks for all responces!!!

big three upgrade i would do first run some 4 gag under the hood with the big three u should be good for as long as u have the car and should help the voltage

i heard yellow tops are good to put in the back

i currently run 1 1500d on a stock alt 80AMP, a small battery up front(honda/acura size) and a red top in the back. my voltage is stable around 12.0 on the setup but that's cause honda's have a gay ECU :/

though i've never had my voltage drop below 11.7..

for now definately get a second battery and run a big 3. then get an alt for later when you get a second 1500d

ok,im running a 1500d to 4 12's.my voltege is dropping from 14 to 11.8.its killing me and i know i need a altenator.ive got a deka intimadator under the hood and was wondering if someone could help me w a altenator.would a 240 amp be too much and what kind.also what kind of batterys are best to put in the back?im planning on buying a second 1500d later in the year and need every thing set up right!!thanks for all responces!!!

A battery like a Powermaster D3100 is a significant step up from the DEKA, that would help as a start... perhaps even just add one in addition to the DEKA.

If you want two 1500Ds I would go for the 240 amp alternator.

thanks jacob.i was going to do the 240 alt. but i need two batteries at least for the back for drive by.hey,what is the big 3?

thanks jacob.i was going to do the 240 alt. but i need two batteries at least for the back for drive by.hey,what is the big 3?

Alt to battery wire

Battery to chassis ground

Battery to engine block ground

Big three wire upgrades.

Sign in to follow this