Sign in to follow this  
rex_runner

The best pair of 10's for $250?

Well, I finished my sono tube, now its on to another more challenging fiberglass build. This time around I'm going with two 10's and I am giving my self a budget of $250 for subs, and $250-300 for an amp.

I'm looking for a pair of subs that will give me great spl, with some sq as well. I listen to a variety of music from rap, hiphop, to rock, country, and even jazz etc.

They will be ported, and I'm thinking roughly around 1cft each sub (not decided yet). I would like them to be pretty efficient too.

I'm not interested in the walmart variety... nor competition worthy subs. Just plenty to satisfy me on a daliy basis, yet when I would like to impress a friend or two, make them smile with a GREAT backrub.

Soo pretty much any suggestion of subs that you have heard and would recomend based on my preferences, would be great! And just to show what I'm thinking of doing, heres a sketch of my next project:

59819475e12315dfba.jpg

They sound good. And are comparable to other good sounding subs.

Humm... well to be honest I would like some more suggestions. Those subs look very nice, but I would like to try and get as many suggestions as I can so I can narrow it down. Anyone have more suggestions? If it helps to broaden suggestions, maybe I can say mention a different amp if it wont work with what the ones I gave to choose from?? Humm...

In that price range there aren't very many good options, if I only had $250 I'd buy a single 12 or 15 instead.

Would $300 be a little more realistic? I probably could do that... I would have to cut into my enclosure budget... nothing I couldnt replace though over a little time saving...

Why bother bumping your budget up? TBH $50 isn't going to effect the drivers whatsoever.

Why does it have to be 2 10's? Like M5 said, a single 12 or even a 15 is well within your $250 price range.

on another note, cheap tens that sound good but are probably not the best in the SPL department... Try the Mach5 MAW-10.

I agree with John. Either reduce your budget and get the MAW's which are outstanding for the price or double your budget and get something like the Icon's. If your budget has to stay in between a single 12 or 15 is a better solution.

well for that money i dont believe you are going to find any high quality new subs. if you was running one 10 i would suggest a Audio Que HDC3 10. they are very impressive little subs. i have a friend that has a single 10 running on a Sundown saz-1500D and he is doing 141.5's consistantly in a small ported box. the HDC3 10's are 249.00 Each. so good luck.

for about 300.00 you can get a Audio Que HDC3 15. witch are very loud!! Im hitting a 144.4 with one at 30 htz.

for about 300.00 you can get a Audio Que HDC3 15. witch are very loud!! Im hitting a 144.4 with one at 30 htz.

How much power you giving it, how big of an enclosure and what vehicle is it in?

How much power you giving it, how big of an enclosure and what vehicle is it in?

Its in a Extended cab 2000 Ford F150 in a three cubic foot box with 800 watts going to it.

Spend the $250 on a single sub and be happy. ;)