Sign in to follow this  
frankum

What is 'better'...

Got a friend with an extended cab s-10. He just bought, for a mere 40 dollars, the box(two chambers in one box at about 1.25 cubes a piece), an MTX thunder 6000 12" 8 ohm and a Sony Xplod 1200w 12" 4ohm. He wants SPL and I'm suggesting that he cut out the center divider, build a new front board that has only one 12" hole, and port it. It'd be roughly 2.5 cubes without the displacement of the port and sub. The amp will most likely be something cheap like a Crunch 1200.2. Another problem is that one sub is 8 ohm, and the other 4 ohms...not good?

Got a friend with an extended cab s-10. He just bought, for a mere 40 dollars, the box(two chambers in one box at about 1.25 cubes a piece), an MTX thunder 6000 12" 8 ohm and a Sony Xplod 1200w 12" 4ohm. He wants SPL and I'm suggesting that he cut out the center divider, build a new front board that has only one 12" hole, and port it. It'd be roughly 2.5 cubes without the displacement of the port and sub. The amp will most likely be something cheap like a Crunch 1200.2. Another problem is that one sub is 8 ohm, and the other 4 ohms...not good?

rrriiiiigggghhhhttttttt..........

I'll just keep this simple. Don't mix subs. Ever.

You can't use those two subs together and the Crunch amp is a bad idea.

To really nail this down. What is the budget and what exactly does he have?

sell the Sony, build a properly designed ported box for the MTX, and find a good used amp

With his budget Acids route is pretty much the only logical solution.