the big one

2007 MD series vs AX series

Hello

So people are saying the 2007 MD series are the same as AX series.(Is this true)

Can someone explain.

I also keep hearimg the 2007 MD-2D and MD-3D are underated but not MD-1D.(if so whats up with that)

Thanks

well from what i was told, the Merlin line uses close to the same circuitry as the AX line. Some of the merlin amps actually outperformed the some of the AX's and thats why some of the AX line was dropped this year. the only difference from what i can see is that the AX line uses a much more heavy duty heat sink and better components.

im guessing when you say "keep hearing" you read my post with all the specs. I just post what i know. if the md1d is overrated cool beans...the thing is i dont know if its underrated or not.

well from what i was told, the Merlin line uses close to the same circuitry as the AX line. Some of the merlin amps actually outperformed the some of the AX's and thats why some of the AX line was dropped this year. the only difference from what i can see is that the AX line uses a much more heavy duty heat sink and better components.

im guessing when you say "keep hearing" you read my post with all the specs. I just post what i know. if the md1d is overrated cool beans...the thing is i dont know if its underrated or not.

flakko

It seems that the MD-1D is least known of the Merlin class D amps.

You own a 2007 MD1D.(Right)

How do you think it rated?

What sub(s) have you pushed with that MD-1D?

2007 MD's class D amps (regulated or unregulated)?

Whats max volts that the MD's class D amps can take?

If anyone knows of links/reviews of the 2007 MD-1D please post them or tell me where to find them at.

Thanks

flakko

It seems that the MD-1D is least known of the Merlin class D amps.

You own a 2007 MD1D.(Right)

How do you think it rated?

What sub(s) have you pushed with that MD-1D?

2007 MD's class D amps (regulated or unregulated)?

Whats max volts that the MD's class D amps can take?

If anyone knows of links/reviews of the 2007 MD-1D please post them or tell me where to find them at.

Thanks

indeed. it seems like the md2d is the most popular. dont own one...yet. im gunna run a pair of Sundown SD1 v2's on it and have a little headroom.

the amps are unregulated so the more you give them, the more they will produce. the range is 12-16v

oh btw i asked jr about the ratings of the md1d, and its rated at 1kw@14.4v at 13.8 it will do around 900. reason: they made it class DE, and more efficient and couldnt fit any more components on the sucker to beef it up. Basically sacrificed a little power for fidelity. since the redesign, only i repeat ONLY the md1d took a hit in power the md2d and md3d same ol power ratings. next year however they will be beefing the md1d back up to original specs (saw dirk workin on it) :)

oh btw i asked jr about the ratings of the md1d, and its rated at 1kw@14.4v at 13.8 it will do around 900. reason: they made it class DE, and more efficient and couldnt fit any more components on the sucker to beef it up. Basically sacrificed a little power for fidelity. since the redesign, only i repeat ONLY the md1d took a hit in power the md2d and md3d same ol power ratings. next year however they will be beefing the md1d back up to original specs (saw dirk workin on it) :)

Thanks for the info on the MD-1D.

Sorry to post another companys name/product on your forum I also did it on there forum. Then I realized I should of put it on the Amps,Subs,Head Units section but I don't know how to edit it.(SORRY ONCE AGAIN)

I don't know about the D classes(I have a 2006 Merlin) but the MD43 is a beast. I've tested it on my RL-Ps for fun and it gets them going and its hell on my front stage @ 8 and 6 ohms. Its my fav amp of the Merlins :-D.