Sign in to follow this  
platnum accord

Alternator install

I drive a 200 Honda accord and was wondering if i need to do anything special to put the alt in. of course disconnect the battery + and - and let the car sit for a while.

the alt is a 200 amp dom iraggi alt and it looks awesome.

cant wait to get it installed tomorrow, props to dom, and i hope it is as great as he explained it to be.

any tips or tricks to make the install any easier will be very much appreciated.

i am mainly wondering if i will need to change anything computer wise to get voltage to where it is supposed to be, or will the computer detect this and regulate it automatically.

thanks again.

mike.

The computer will be fine.

The alternator and what size pulley you get determines output voltage on most honda's.

The thing you will be pissed about is where the alt is located. IIRC it's on the back of the engine on the drivers side. More towards the bottom of the motor than anything else.

i am not sure if your accord has an ELD/ECU setup like my civic but supposedly you will not be hooking up the factory harness to the alt which will bypass the computer from regulating the alt. don't take my word for it though, it was a question answered by nate from EA, but that was when asking for an alt at a 300amp range which i won't be getting due to the need of brackets and such.

let us know how the alt turns out after you get it installed, weather if you had to use the factory plug or not or how much power it's actualy producing at idle or such things, i'd like to know this since i can not seem to find many honda owners with HO alts giving off any reviews about running an HO alt.

i will be ordering a 200amp from irragi as well so do share you experience.

accord f23 located on the front top of engine. and yes drivers side. it is very easy to get to. thanks for the tips, and yeah its ment to be plugged in with the stock plug i believe.

tomorrow morning i will get this installed up but will be gone with family for wuite a few days so my review will take a while. the alt came with a pully that is said to give the best amp performance. at idle is not really what i was looking for since i never pound my system hard in town. its usually n the highway that i blast it at full tilt :)

thanks for your quick feedback.

Edited by platnum accord

BIG PROBLEMS.... haha jk, but the major problem i had in this awesome 40 min alt install, if that was that the stock belt is too wide for the pully made by iraggi. so... idn what to do now other then swap out the a/m pully for the stock pully. but im going to lose alt of at idle :(

so should i get a narrower belt, should i just run the car untill the belt fits from the ware lol.... im not gonna do that..

suggestions please.

thanks again.

you could try the narrow belt as a temp band-0aid while waiting for a new pully. just hope the belt doesn't break on you while out and about.

i have the oppsosite problem with my ea alt. the pulley it has is to wide and the under stress it gets misaligned which makes the auto tensiour grind at idle.

u may have an auto tensiour problem since most are made for the amount of groove the belt is suppose to have. so running a narrow one may put to much stress the belt.

Edited by SouthPole1989

no auto tensioner. i have a bolt that pulls the alt outwards and therefore tightens the belt.

idn what to do should i give dom a call right after the xmas break and see if he sends me a proper replacement or what should i do?

yeah put the alt in, ran the car for maybe 2 seconds, looked under the hood saw sparks from the belt and case rubbing so i shut the car off, and maybe 5-8 seconds total and the ware is visible.

i wish my iraggi came on this forum, and i guess calling is the best idea since he does not seem to check his emails super often like everyone else on this forum.

sucks to have issues with your new alt. hope everything works out and you get answers soon.