Sign in to follow this  
Koridan

What to get? Will it fit?

Im sure this isnt the right section. But its been a few months since I have posted here due to my new job and everything. Anyway. I am buying two Mach 5 Maw-15's And I was wondering is it possible to fit a 4.0 cu ft box in my trunk. I am driving a 1996 Ford Taurus GL. I would get the 12's But the 350 power rating kinda makes me speculate. I currently have 2 Memphis 12 PR's and I hate them. But the rating on them is 250rms, So Im not sure if the maw-12's would be much better in terms of output. But hey what do I know. Also I dont have the recommended sealed enclosure size for the 12's. ARG please help. I want Mach 5's I am driving a '96 Taurus GL. whats my best bet?

For more output you'll be wanting to go Ported, not Sealed.

And the only one who will be able to tell you if a 4 cu^3ft box will fit is either someone who has a Taurus or you after you go measure your trunk and do some basic math.

4 cubes should be possible, the taurus like that has a fold-down back seat which should help you get the box back there in the first place. Building the box in the trunk sucks, haha.

Will the MAW-12's perform better than the Memphis PR 12's?

I believe mrray13, (a super mod here) did a semi test, and chose the MAW. :)