Sign in to follow this  
TeamXSSChris

Northern Music & Video's new format

We will be partaking in a new format this year. We have decided, after heavy heart, to drop the dB Drag format and proceed to the IASCA IdbL format. We still plan on hosting our normal 6 shows and possibly a 2x event. We are also thinking of hosting a couple night shows so that the people who have spent the money on neon will have a chance to show that off. Also we are perspectively hosting all events this year in conjunction with "Compact Evolution" which is the brainchild of Garrett Sweet. This would allow our shows to not only become stereo competition events, but car show events also. Of course, all shows will be held at The Colonial Village Fun Park again. He has added many new rides and attractions. Additionally, in progress is a possible 3x TKE event at the NYS Fair in conjunction with a number of other NY shops.

So be sure to stay tuned so that you don't miss a trick this year!

Check it out more on the NMV message board at www.northernmusicandvideo.com/car.htm

See you in the lanes!!! :D

Here is the tentative schedule for the 04 competition schedule at Northern Music & Video. We got some pretty interesting things planned for this years events so hold on and get ready to RUMBLE!!!!

Sunday, March 28th 2004- Show starts at 11am-?

Sunday, April 25th 2004- Show starts at 11am-?

Saturday, May 22nd 2004- Show starts at 7pm-? Bring a flashlight and we'll sing kumbaih! Possiblility of band(s)!

Saturday, July 17th 2004- Show starts at 11am-?

Saturday, August 14th 2004- Show starts at 7pm-? Bring a spotlight and listen to live music at the fun park.

Saturday, September 18th 2004- Show starts at 11am-?

All shows will be held at the Colonial Village Fun Park. Come support the local competitors and the fun park!!!

For more info get ahold of us at Northern Music & Video-(315)265-8100 or hit us up on the web www.northernmusicandvideo.com

See you in the lanes!!!!

can I ask why you dropped dbdrag?>

A few factors contributed to our change. First, and probably most important, dB Drag took the fun out of what it is that we were doing. Secondly, the politics of the format. Between a couple of certain factory sponsored vehicles that were able to "correct" violations in the lane was uphalling. I understand that you get 5 minutes in the lane, but 2 hrs for 1 and almost an hr for the other? Mind you neither of these competitors were in our class, I only say that because naturally that would be the next immediate question.

Simply said something that started out to be a blast turned out to be no fun at all, and in all honesty more of a headache than anything.

The IASCA format allows more average people to go to Finals. For us it's not a huge consideration, but for the masses in NNY and all of NY, people want to go to a World Finals at a National or World level and it's very hard to do that with the past format. This format allows more of our normal competitors a shot at the big game which is what everyone wants.

This is the new format we are participating in and it gives back to the competitor, which is the most important thing for us (Team XSS) and the storefront.

Hopefully this season will be a season to remember in NNY!!!

but who wants to go to finals if its easy, thats the whole fun part about it, but im still reading the rules and all to see what class i want to run in then i guess

Guest Guest_RickRFPower

Denny, your on a roll lately, first off this is not about getting to finals easy, its about having fun competing, getting people psyched about competing, I believe Chris explained further in the above post about what this change is about. Later, Rick

rick join back up man :slayer:

i totally understand what u guys r doing and its cool and all. i just said that b/c the way this format is set up i would get screwed being in a class 4 12's i think. i dont know i dont know what kind of #'s have been put up in that class and all. but i like the whole idea of trying to get more ppl involved in car audio. oh yeah these car shows u r going to be haveing, r there truck entery's :) lol oh yeah ricky what do u mean im on a roll lately? the fact that everything that i agree w/ u dont and the other way a round lol ha ha oh well i guess thats what makes this sport so much fun. who know i might have to put a damn wall in the crx ha ha ha ha ha

oh yeah what is it i have to do for the check list, can i do it over the phone or e-mail, i dont want to take my car ne where its stored for the winter. but i guess my truck might do for now

Guest Guest_Rickrfpower

Denny, Bring it baby!!! Wall that bad boy off, and come see Chris and I, hehehehehe, Just kidding man, you know we are cool with each other, Later and buy some real amps would ya. Rick

rick join up man :unsure:

i totally understand what u guys r doing and its cool and all. i just said that b/c the way this format is set up i would get screwed being in a class 4 12's i think. i dont know i dont know what kind of #'s have been put up in that class and all. but i like the whole idea of trying to get more ppl involved in car audio. oh yeah these car shows u r going to be haveing, r there truck entery's :) lol oh yeah ricky what do u mean im on a roll lately? the fact that everything that i agree w/ u dont and the other way a round lol ha ha oh well i guess thats what makes this sport so much fun. who know i might have to put a damn wall in the crx ha ha ha ha ha

the guy that won finals in stock3 did a 153.8 easily beatable ,and i believe they use the new audiocontrol which i think is about 3db louder than the new termlab