Sign in to follow this  
30hrtz

box and port size for maw 15

I need some calculations or box and port volumes for my maw 15s,so when they arrive,i can start my box.I plan on 1 big box divided into 2 equal chambers ported.i put in the port calculator and it said for a 15 in driver w/xmax of 13mm 3cuft@30hz like the specs for the maw 15 call for it says port needs to be minimum of 40.5 sq inches and 37 in long to get 30hz.what box and port size does Mark recommend for max output and sq?and is 3 cubes include displacement of sub and port or is it 3 cubes plus port and sub disp.thanks for the help....Dave

well i found another port calculator on the 12volt and it said 1 4 inch port 10inches long....so whatever Mark says and whatever anybody else has used or heard will be very helpful,thanks.I would like to use 2 4in ports with a little bigger box if thatll keep away the port noise.oh and 30hz seems a little low to tune, maybe 36 might be better?in my truck my subs tend to hit lower than the box is tuned to.Ya im rattlin on because im excited about my new set up.its gonna slam(i hope) 2 maw 15s @ 1ohm on mt punch 1000bd 1215 watts at 1 ohm on the birth sheet:)

thanks...50in of port how long?i know dd's calculations say 16 in long for 40hz w/16in of port per cuft.how long @ 50in of port to tune in the mid to low 30's?thanks

3 cubes with 50 in of port tuned to 35hz = 31.50 inches long

"..............................................." 33hz = 36.25 inches long

"..............................................." 30hz = 44.75 inches long

Edited by Mike P.

subs will be in bed of s-10 booted to cab through either a 12 x 32 in blowthru or i may remove back glass and boot the shell to cab and have the subs and ports firing staight up or forward,either way all sound will be sealed off to reg cab s10.should bang nicely.

Be sure to post some pics of that blow-through you are doing...

ok i got pics of blowthru in my kodak file but dont know how to transfer them into a thead.i see the insert image button but bot sure how to do it,any help?

and what size is your box and port size lenght?tuned to..??? and hows that puppy sound?Ill post my pics tonite when i figure out how.and how many rms watts you got on it?

Edited by 30hrtz

just use this http://photobucket.com/ ...... as for power I have not hooked up my PA A3000DB yet but I think it will sound really good and get really loud right now it's still on my old 150Wrms VR3 amp just haven't had the time to put the new wire in but on ~150Wrms it can do low 130's on a burp not bad for what it is