Mino

8" subs

the 8s im considering so far are either ss rl-i8 when ever they come back in stock or the crystal cmp 8 im just not sure which to go with are there any other nice 8s out there?

Edited by MINO

the only 8s im considering are either ss rl-i8 when ever they come back in stock or the crystal cmp 8 im just not sure which to go with are there any other nice 8s out there?

I just asked this question a while back and got directed towards the Ascendant Audio 8. It's about 1/2 of the price of all of the other flagship 8in drivers. I was heavily considering going with an 8 W7 but ended up getting in on the buy one get one free deal of the 07 Pierce Audio WMD 10's. If I had gone through with the 8in subs I definetly would've gone with the Ascendants; the other 2 price range options I checked into werer the Ed and the Id 8's but both of these are more basic steel basket 8in drivers.

ive also thought about AA as well i have a 10" assassin so i kinda want to try something new

Edited by MINO

i have owned the crystal cmp 8's and was very impressed with them and impressed quite a few people with them also. i have also had a chance to play with the aa 8's and was very dissapointed with them....i am planning to do a 8" sub install in my megacab and am planning on running cmp's again if i can find them or some dd1508's.

I have 4 ed ehqs8's i'll sell you, brand new never powered up.

Tang Band makes some nice, good quality, fairly priced 8s.

lol ur avatar is hilarious... i tend to stay away from ed products, but thnx for ur offer though, i was looking into audio pulse but there 8s are expensive...

ive had some bad experiences w/ ed i had their deadner and did not like it at all i had to peel and replace it...

if the rumor is true about tc sounds, there might not be anymore rl-i8s, and the audiopulse drivers might get even more expensive...

mazdaboom, you're the first i've heard of being disappointed with the AA drivers, care to elaborate?

depending upon power, output goals, one could still look into the RE RE 8. that's a decent little driver.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

whats the rumor on TC sounds? are they going to stop being the build house for other companies since theyre going retail now?

mazdaboom, you're the first i've heard of being disappointed with the AA drivers, care to elaborate?

just compared to the output of the crystal cmp 8 on the same power in a box designed to spec for the aa 8 it just wasnt all that compared to the crystal and we tried several different boxes and the overall sound was mediocre at best.....but thats my personal opinion....i have been inpressed with the re 8's for the price they are the best choice but if you want to spend more than 70 bux i would look into the crystal's, rli's, dd's, or image dynamics if you can find them.......