valladon

Zed Amps

Very little details have been released, I have stated them in a few of the topics on here. All new design, maybe only 2 models, flexable chassis maybe Class D.

Very little details have been released, I have stated them in a few of the topics on here. All new design, maybe only 2 models, flexable chassis maybe Class D.

NOT class D. That is a viscious lie. Will be the ultimate flexible SQ amp. More probably with tube options.

NOT class D. That is a viscious lie. Will be the ultimate flexible SQ amp. More probably with tube options.

I am just going by what Stephen told me over the phone. Why would I lie about amps I love?

Guest zedman

I am just going by what Stephen told me over the phone. Why would I lie about amps I love?

:sarcasm hand raised: :gayhaaay1: Aaron You were put in your place, and how dare you talk about something you were not clearly informed about. :sarcasm hand raised: :gayhaaay1:

I think I might just quit coming here daily and just pop in one every couple of months do a list of mass postings talk chit and then repeat the cycle again.

:banhim: Just because :gayhaaay1:

Edited by zedman

No accusation implied. I had heard the same thing about the big class D when I called and asked about a big class D he told me that was BS.

We talked for a little while just before Christmas about this and it sounded to me like an amp that would do anything from 4 channel to true mono and anything in between to 1-8 ohms depending on setup. Anyway, perhaps there's more than 1 in the works? Perhaps class D is an option? Perhaps it's a multichannel with a class D section? It definitely sounded to me like a lot was still on the drawing board so who knows?

I have got the impression from Stephen that 1. He isn't a big fan of class D, and 2. he thinks people who run at 1 ohm are arsehos.....Then again, that doesn't mean he isn't building something for that market to either.

OR, perhaps this is all wild speculation and a vast conspiracy of misinformation to get the buzz out about what's coming. Either way, I'm going to get the biggest meanest one as soon as possible.

Like you, I'm just going by what I was told. Pretty exciting speculating though since you KNOW it's gonna be sick!

No accusation implied. I had heard the same thing about the big class D when I called and asked about a big class D he told me that was BS.

We talked for a little while just before Christmas about this and it sounded to me like an amp that would do anything from 4 channel to true mono and anything in between to 1-8 ohms depending on setup. Anyway, perhaps there's more than 1 in the works? Perhaps class D is an option? Perhaps it's a multichannel with a class D section? It definitely sounded to me like a lot was still on the drawing board so who knows?

I have got the impression from Stephen that 1. He isn't a big fan of class D, and 2. he thinks people who run at 1 ohm are arsehos.....Then again, that doesn't mean he isn't building something for that market to either.

OR, perhaps this is all wild speculation and a vast conspiracy of misinformation to get the buzz out about what's coming. Either way, I'm going to get the biggest meanest one as soon as possible.

Like you, I'm just going by what I was told. Pretty exciting speculating though since you KNOW it's gonna be sick!

I am very excited. I just remember him mentioning about the complaints on the current (outgoing) models, and size/footprint was an issue. So he touched on full range class D and how with ZED's work for large professional amps recently, the technology has got to the point where sound quality is pretty close to A/B.

As for the multiple channel, multiple load wild thing, I heard verbatim what you posted. I think he wants to move to just 2 models total. But then again, he did just say via IM Sunday that it is still in the design phase and things can change. Either way I am happy to see a growing number of ZED fans coming here. I cannot wait until I can get my skilled fiber glass'er friends to help me finish the SSA SQ show car so the two signed BB ZED's can go in there. :)

:sarcasm hand raised: :gayhaaay1: Aaron You were put in your place, and how dare you talk about something you were not clearly informed about. :sarcasm hand raised: :gayhaaay1:

I think I might just quit coming here daily and just pop in one every couple of months do a list of mass postings talk chit and then repeat the cycle again.

:banhim: Just because :gayhaaay1:

*Pulls out wet noodle used for slapping.* ;)

Guest zedman
*Pulls out wet noodle used for slapping.* ;)

Nice now I cant see cause I got poked in the head with a "noodle", A wet one no less. I guess it better than a wicked scolding though. :wacky:

Edited by zedman

I emailed him about 4 weeks ago and asked about the ESX compared to the current outgoing models...

I stated that the ESX was avery complex piece due to the all the flexibility to it and whatnot..we all know what I mean...

And he said " it was , until now"....he then said he was working on a new line and they would be his best yet ever.....

so who knows what he is going to come up with...

Spoke too him on this past thursday and he said too expect something that had never.....ever been done....said it would be a monster and very flexible........and powerful...."I CAN"T WAIT"...

Any word yet? Iam building a new system right now and what Zed to power it! I used to have one of his old school amps along time ago and it was excellent sounding. Iam sure his new stuff is even better.

Any word yet? Iam building a new system right now and what Zed to power it! I used to have one of his old school amps along time ago and it was excellent sounding. Iam sure his new stuff is even better.

Try to grab some of the current line if there's any left. First off, the new stuff may be a bit of a wait, and the old stuff holds re-sale value amazingly well so you won't have an issue getting most of your money back when the new line comes out.

Guest zedman

I have nothing to say other than I am going for post 150 to end the night. Later Z