blue86f150

Single Cab Truck Build possibilites

My goal for my rebuild is mainly spl with sq properties(140db+ fing05.gif ). I listen to all types of music. But mostly R&B and Rock. Current system:

Alt- Stock (65 or 70amp)

Batt- Stock

Head Unit: Aplpine 9881

Speakers: Front- Infinity Refremce 5.25"

Rear- N/a

Center- Stock Ford 5x7

Subwoofer- 1400w Pioneer Shallow Mount

Amplifier- 1400w Hitron 2 Channel class a/b (sucks @ss)

The stuff that is on the chopping block is:

The biggest box I can fit behind my seat with 3/4" mdf:

Length- 60"

Bottom width-10"

Top width- 4"

Height- 24"

I would perfer it to be ported, but i dont know what specs it would be. If it cant be ported its fine by me.

Subwoofer choices are:

2 10" L5/L7

2 12" L5/L7

2 10" Fi.Bl fully loaded

2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3

Amplifier is most likely going to be zx.2500.1 or a sundown 1500.

Im having a hard time choosing between a 220a Iraggi Alternator, or a 200a Powermaster. I might go with the Powermaster just for the one wire hook up.

I have a tool box so i will be putting 2 yellow top optima, or couple of powermaster's. 1/0 wire throughout.

My question to you is it possible to put any of those subwoofers to get the pressures that i am looking for in the size box i can fit. I am open to all suggestions. I will be adding between 100 and 200 Sq feet of FatMat.

Edited by blue86f150

My goal for my rebuild is mainly spl with sq properties(140db+ fing05.gif ). I listen to all types of music. But mostly R&B and Rock. Current system:

Alt- Stock (65 or 70amp)

Batt- Stock

Head Unit: Aplpine 9881

Speakers: Front- Infinity Refremce 5.25"

Rear- N/a

Center- Stock Ford 5x7

Subwoofer- 1400w Pioneer Shallow Mount

Amplifier- 1400w Hitron 2 Channel class a/b (sucks @ss)

The stuff that is on the chopping block is:

The biggest box I can fit behind my seat with 3/4" mdf:

Length- 60"

Bottom width-10"

Top width- 4"

Height- 24"

I would perfer it to be ported, but i dont know what specs it would be. If it cant be ported its fine by me.

Subwoofer choices are:

2 10" L5/L7

2 12" L5/L7

2 10" Fi.Bl fully loaded

2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3

Amplifier is most likely going to be zx.2500.1 or a sundown 1500.

Im having a hard time choosing between a 220a Iraggi Alternator, or a 200a Powermaster. I might go with the Powermaster just for the one wire hook up.

I have a tool box so i will be putting 2 yellow top optima, or couple of powermaster's. 1/0 wire throughout.

My question to you is it possible to put any of those subwoofers to get the pressures that i am looking for in the size box i can fit. I am open to all suggestions. I will be adding between 100 and 200 Sq feet of FatMat.

Three basic ten inch subwoofers sealed in an enclosure behind your single cab seat should get you over 140db. Make sure you have a place to mount your amplifier. I would stay away from those L5/L7 square subs, they have some inherent issues with the cone shape and a not so hot reliability rating. I would also avoid the Rockford P3's. You really need to make sure whatever subwoofer you get will fit in that enclosure. In all honesty you could fit 4 10's across there just buy something that'll take a moderate amount of power and fit in your enclosure then get some decent wattage to them.

I did the specs on the box, and the inside is around 4ft^3. The specs on them are .5-1.2 ft^3, but that is for ported. They call for the port to be tuned between 30-37Hz. If I was to do these could anyone possibly design a proper size port for my box limitation. If it cant be done, is there any other 10's that would fit in that size box?

Thanks

How tall are you?

How tall are you?

no kidding. . .i'm 6 ft and its difficult to get a large box behind the seats. . .hope this guy isn't any taller than that

well im 6ft tall, but i dont mind being up on the steering wheel. i have had the seat in the position where it would be with the box in and i still have enough room.

Don't buy fatmat, its the same thing at peel and seal... Use raamat... www.raamaudio.com

And thos fi would probably be the best choice out of those...

well im 6ft tall, but i dont mind being up on the steering wheel. i have had the seat in the position where it would be with the box in and i still have enough room.

Brnch or bucket seats?

bench, if i had buckets i would just say sorry passengers that ur knees are in your face

I have thought about doing that. The only thing that has stopped me from doin it is that 1) its an 8ft bed and that size tonneu cover is just a little pricey, and 2) My grandpa bought this brand new in 86 so i wanna keep as close to stock looking on the outside as possible.

I have thought about doing that. The only thing that has stopped me from doin it is that 1) its an 8ft bed and that size tonneu cover is just a little pricey, and 2) My grandpa bought this brand new in 86 so i wanna keep as close to stock looking on the outside as possible.

I have 2 very serious questions you should consider: 1.) Is this system worth more to you than the truck? 2.) Do you plan to compete with this stereo or do you just want a badass setup in your truck? If you just want a good system to listen to and cruise with then I have to say 3 or 4 decent 10in subwoofers will do you just fine. I would say the box needs to be built a bit shallower so you don't get sick of driving the truck around up on the wheel. Even if it is built shallower you'll have the air space for 3 to 4 10in woofers that will sound killer. If you really just want the truck to be as loud as possible and don't mind tearing it up a bit, go with a good bed cover and do a blow through with 2 larger woofers in a ported enclosure. Trust me I have a 1991 S10 that I use as a daily driver and I can fit subwoofers that make me more than happy behind the seat.

We put a pair of powerbass PS-12s behind the seat of a standard cab '00 S-10. I think they hit pretty well. We just threw a prefab S-10 box back there. The small subs took up every bit of depth that the box had. He's 6' or 6'1 and he's basically eating the steering wheel. It's gonna be tough to hit 140 without doing a blow-through or sacrificing comfort in driving. Then again you're talking about an older truck. I'd do four 10's if I knew I could still drive with it...but I'm 6'4" and don't fit in many vehicles comfortably.

I have 2 very serious questions you should consider: 1.) Is this system worth more to you than the truck? 2.) Do you plan to compete with this stereo or do you just want a badass setup in your truck? If you just want a good system to listen to and cruise with then I have to say 3 or 4 decent 10in subwoofers will do you just fine. I would say the box needs to be built a bit shallower so you don't get sick of driving the truck around up on the wheel. Even if it is built shallower you'll have the air space for 3 to 4 10in woofers that will sound killer. If you really just want the truck to be as loud as possible and don't mind tearing it up a bit, go with a good bed cover and do a blow through with 2 larger woofers in a ported enclosure. Trust me I have a 1991 S10 that I use as a daily driver and I can fit subwoofers that make me more than happy behind the seat.

1.) It pretty much is worth more to me than my truck. dont get me wrong though i love it to death. The one reason why i was gonna get this system is so that when i do get another car, i can just transefer everything over and put back in the stuff that i have now. Since this summer i have gone through 3 head units, 3 sets of door speakers, 2 12" lightning audios (dont laugh they hit good for the first week, then the magic smoke appeard :Doh:), 2 10" Pyle blue lable (these would of been better if i had a bigger box, but for now they are in my surround sound in the living room), 2 12" kicker comps, and now 1 12" shallow mount pioneer (gets pretty loud for a 3" mounting depth woofer). The total for all of it is probably around $1500. Thats about the price of my truck. Not including the $1200 paint job i had done to it.

2.) I dont plan in competing with my truck, but if I find any closer to where i live i might do it just to see how loud i am. Its just mainly for a bad ass setup. Like i said before i really dont want to do a blow through. I like the use of my tool box and my bed. Also a single cab long bed with out the tool box in my oppion looks horrible. But if i was to do it i would want to incoporate as much of the speaker box into the tool box to make it look clean.

If i was to build a box for 3 of 4 10" woofers would each one need is own chamber or would it be alright for them to share the same space?? do you have any oppinons on woofers?? Im thinking about some 8" or 10" L5/L7. I like the way the square cone is (also a lot easier to cut out) and they do get pretty damn loud. My buddy had 2 15" L5 in his accord and he shook class rooms 100' away. Or i might go with the 10" icon have only heard good things about them here, but again look at what site i am on. open to any and all suggestions right now. the build probably wont start for a few months, need to build up the cash to do it all.

We put a pair of powerbass PS-12s behind the seat of a standard cab '00 S-10. I think they hit pretty well. We just threw a prefab S-10 box back there. The small subs took up every bit of depth that the box had. He's 6' or 6'1 and he's basically eating the steering wheel. It's gonna be tough to hit 140 without doing a blow-through or sacrificing comfort in driving. Then again you're talking about an older truck. I'd do four 10's if I knew I could still drive with it...but I'm 6'4" and don't fit in many vehicles comfortably.

Being 6'4 has its advantages and disadvantages. I guess i kind of have to think about my guest's 'cause all of my friends are taller than me, and im 6'. I know its gonna be hard to hit 140, but again its just a mark that i want to try to hit. What kind of 10's do you have suggestions on?

fi's bls are very nice, i run them and sundown is the chit so DO IT

Those were another set of 10's i was thinking about. But i dont know what to tune the box to, and what size port would do. maybe if someone here could send me some plans and what type of box i could do that would be great. The dimensions again are

Length 60"

Bottom depth 10"

Top Depth 4"

Hight 24" (16" up have to bump it in 1" all the way to the top to clear the window frame.)

These are the maximum dmensions, so if some one could do one that is no bigger- preferably smaller- than the dimensions listed above, i would be very thankful.

Those were another set of 10's i was thinking about. But i dont know what to tune the box to, and what size port would do. maybe if someone here could send me some plans and what type of box i could do that would be great. The dimensions again are

Length 60"

Bottom depth 10"

Top Depth 4"

Hight 24" (16" up have to bump it in 1" all the way to the top to clear the window frame.)

These are the maximum dmensions, so if some one could do one that is no bigger- preferably smaller- than the dimensions listed above, i would be very thankful.

I wouldn't even attempt to fit those Fi BL's behind a truck seat, they're VERY deep. If you're set on those woofers then I would go with a blowthrough. You should pick 3 or 4 shallow mount BASIC 10in subwoofers and run a sealed enclosure. I would even go with some of the slim mount subs like the Pioneer you have, or the Kenwood Excelon's. With 4 10in woofers in a sealed enclosure you can get plenty of output while still keeping a small enclosure. You could use 3/4in material cut the bottom depth of your box down to 6in and still get 2.7 cu ft that would work well for 3 to 4 10's sealed. Also you don't need dividers for every sub, it's a good idea to put a bit of bracing in the enclosure though.