Team_Innovative

My Street Max 1-2 van

Yeah, last trip I had planned, the weather up there in Ohio wouldn't cooperate with me, and then I'm in the middle of teaching a 30 day class here at work. I'm probably going to fly up there on Feb 3rd or 4th to pick it up though. Lots of work to do on it before it'll see the lanes again, but we've got a plan.

I just wish there wasn't such a gap in the Euro vs. U.S. numbers, and it also seems that Ohio is the only place that really does a lot of Street Max 1-2 vehicles. Talking to a few harcore DB Drag guys here, they say that there aren't usually any SM 1-2 competitors in the lanes, and if they are, it's usually a car that has to be there, but isn't a contender. That actually sucks for me, I like to be pushed to get louder, not just show up and get a trophy. I've got the right backing and the drive to get the truck loud again, just need the time, which is coming.

The truck is a great start, but Jay was always running short on time before events to get prepared. Just imagine what he could have done if he had all the time in the world to work on it. Jay also didn't believe in using "cheater" batteries, which I commend him for.

Sorry for the thread hijack also, but it's just nice to see another SM 1-2 competitor using Sundown Amps. I may have to take a couple trips to Ohio later in the year, since it seems to be central for Street Max, so I can meet some of the other guys.

Yeah, last trip I had planned, the weather up there in Ohio wouldn't cooperate with me, and then I'm in the middle of teaching a 30 day class here at work. I'm probably going to fly up there on Feb 3rd or 4th to pick it up though. Lots of work to do on it before it'll see the lanes again, but we've got a plan.

I just wish there wasn't such a gap in the Euro vs. U.S. numbers, and it also seems that Ohio is the only place that really does a lot of Street Max 1-2 vehicles. Talking to a few harcore DB Drag guys here, they say that there aren't usually any SM 1-2 competitors in the lanes, and if they are, it's usually a car that has to be there, but isn't a contender. That actually sucks for me, I like to be pushed to get louder, not just show up and get a trophy. I've got the right backing and the drive to get the truck loud again, just need the time, which is coming.

The truck is a great start, but Jay was always running short on time before events to get prepared. Just imagine what he could have done if he had all the time in the world to work on it. Jay also didn't believe in using "cheater" batteries, which I commend him for.

Sorry for the thread hijack also, but it's just nice to see another SM 1-2 competitor using Sundown Amps. I may have to take a couple trips to Ohio later in the year, since it seems to be central for Street Max, so I can meet some of the other guys.

ya probably an hour or 2 south of the truck you have Team James Carnes with his Egg that wasnt far behind Jay

what cars are loud in street max overthere in america.

Most people use mini-vans or cut through trucks here, but the rules make it so that anyone could do it. Last year, there was a Lexus here with a wall running Street Max.

Haha, I am also in SM 1-2 with a caravan. I am using 4 SAX3000Ds. My very first time being on a meter i did a 155.6 but it has gone up since then.

They announced today that SM is up to four subs. I will still be rolling with 2.

Well with the new rules it looks like I will be selling the van and getting out of competition for awhile, unless Wayne comes to his senses and fixes the rules. I specifically bought the van because of it's potential in Street Max 1-2, and now I have to go up against guys with four 18s, I don't really see any logic in the decission to combine any of the classes that were combined.

ya but those guys with 4 18s now have to half the ammount of amps they can have so you still have a very good chance of winning

ya but those guys with 4 18s now have to half the ammount of amps they can have so you still have a very good chance of winning

X2...and IMO if u already have the equipment you should atleast try...if you dont like it yo can always do bassracer which i think a lot of people will do after they have seen the new rules :D

Hopefully he gets it right but I may give the new class a try(unless I get a cash offer on the van).

$50.00 shiny dollars ,cash! lol

I remember seeing this build, it had a baffle that was ginourmous

I remember my 300lb build getting in his port with no trouble at all. Personal favorite was him going in the port post runs with a flashlight to make sure nothing went poof.

Hopefully he gets it right but I may give the new class a try(unless I get a cash offer on the van).

$50.00 shiny dollars ,cash! lol

I'll have to think about that one.

Okay, few more pics. To start, I obviously have a Kinetik 2400 under the hood. Next I have an optima G31 bluetop:

l_151c223e32a86bca80195310e4c3288d.jpg

And then there is my CS9000:

l_7891f29bc93557d994923806e24c4145.jpg

if you are still running street max you can only run one of those batteries my pick would be that Cactus one

if you are still running street max you can only run one of those batteries my pick would be that Cactus one

I am and I am also aware the I can only use one. I am most likely going to use the better of the optima and kinetik for the first part of the season. The CS9000 is more for my finals push but I got it at a good price so I couldn't pass it up. I will be posting test results once I get them.

****UPDATE****

Yesterday I was working on getting the heat in the van working, had to replace the heat resister. So I replace it and drop the blower out to find that the wheel is also damaged. Then I see that the entire air box is destroyed so now I will have to dis-assemble the entire dash and replace it. On a side note there isn't as much dynamat on the van as a I thought, that will also change.

Ya, Ive seen that go both ways, And if It does hurt you might need to retune, A lot of times it will lower you note

I heard you did an awesome number this weekend. Which battery did you use?

ya I heard about it too congrats. did Corey happen to make it up there?