Sign in to follow this  
deni91

Can't Decide: JL/RE/ALPINE

i currently have 3 JL 10w0's and i need a change lol. I have a 600 rms amp at 2 ohms. I wanna get a louder system but still keep my same amp. I can't decide between a 12" RE SE or 2 12" Alpine R's. I found great deals on both so the price isn't a problem. I am also going to be building a ported box for the one i choose. Any Suggestions? Thanks.

You don't have the power for the Alpine, the RE isn't worth buying, and the w0's are not anywhere near my favorite sub. If you just want louder why not start with a better box for getting loud.

What amp is the one you have right now? Are the W0's ported or sealed?

Changing little things in your current install are probably better for you than just getting new subs since you don't want to change your amp.

Changing little things in your current install are probably better for you than just getting new subs since you don't want to change your amp.

its an infinity a611 amp and the jl's are currently in a sealed box.

its an infinity a611 amp and the jl's are currently in a sealed box.

not helpful

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=i...G=Google+Search

I agree with the guys above. Changing the settings in your current setup, might give you louder results than just changing subs, since you want to retain the Infinity a611 amplifier. I changed box settings a couple times and found better results. You could do the same, unless you just want a change from the w0's. :)

If you do change, the SE's are great subs even with that kind of power.

Edited by WildSebring

I agree with the guys above. Changing the settings in your current setup, might give you louder results than just changing subs, since you want to retain the Infinity a611 amplifier. I changed box settings a couple times and found better results. You could do the same, unless you just want a change from the w0's. :)

If you do change, the SE's are great subs even with that kind of power.

Maybe one SE on that power... definitely not two.

Well yea, just one. He stated 1 12" SE in his post. I was just sayin, I've run the SE's before in the past and on that amount of power it would be fine.