benz280se

ssd12 question

whatup folks i was hoping someone can help me i just looked into the fi website and found the ssd12's. whats confusing me is the different options. here is my setup alpine cd/mp3, audiocontrol3.1, audiocontrol overdrive, and us amps400 rated 1200-1400@2ohms. here is the question can a pair of ssd 12's handle this without costly mods? i am not a competitor but i do like to pound sometimes without fear. i really want those ssd's but i dont want to spend 400 dollars just to have to spend nearly 200 more just to get mods. this is not a daily driver so it they wont be abused. i listen to everything from sade to tool to miles davis. they will be in the trunk of a 74 mercedes and the box will be ported if that makes any difference.

any help is appreciated thanks!

Edited by benz280se

Yeah, the stock SSD's will take that power fine.

Thanks!

-Nick

Don't hesitate.... pick'em up. I did and have no regrets. Well maybe I should have gotten two instead but then i'll have to spend more money on this and that and etc. "Fi"ne subwoofer to own.

That might actually be under-powering them... Each one will only be getting about 500-600 rms... That should be enough for them to still be great but they can handle twice that.... Especially with BP power and Flatwind coil... Fi subs are all some BEASTS!!!

i have been seeing that these ssd's can take more with the options but i dont need all that. i just want a quality woofer that wont break the bank and will handle the current power i have to offer it. it's been a long time since i bought woofers and have been catching headaches trying to find something i like. i have two german esx signum twelves that i bought while stationed in germany 750rms-1500max these woofers give me a headache in my ford escape and they're grossly underpowered. i want the same quality in my other car since i am not in germany anymore :suicide-santa: but i think i may have found a winner with these all i need now is my tax return and ill be beatin down THE block with thes babies :dancing:

thanks for the replies

Edited by benz280se

i have been seeing that these ssd's can take more with the options but i dont need all that. i just want a quality woofer that wont break the bank and will handle the current power i have to offer it. it's been a long time since i bought woofers and have been catching headaches trying to find something i like. i have two german esx signum twelves that i bought while stationed in germany 750rms-1500max these woofers give me a headache in my ford escape and they're grossly underpowered. i want the same quality in my other car since i am not in germany anymore :suicide-santa: but i think i may have found a winner with these all i need now is my tax return and ill be beatin down tha block with thes babies :dancing:

thanks for the replies

check out my sig... hifonics amp cost $200 on ebay

That might actually be under-powering them... Each one will only be getting about 500-600 rms... That should be enough for them to still be great but they can handle twice that.... Especially with BP power and Flatwind coil... Fi subs are all some BEASTS!!!

You do realize that a SAZ-1500 @ .5 ohm w/ the electrical we're putting to it will put out in excess of 2000w correct?

i have been seeing that these ssd's can take more with the options but i dont need all that. i just want a quality woofer that wont break the bank and will handle the current power i have to offer it. it's been a long time since i bought woofers and have been catching headaches trying to find something i like. i have two german esx signum twelves that i bought while stationed in germany 750rms-1500max these woofers give me a headache in my ford escape and they're grossly underpowered. i want the same quality in my other car since i am not in germany anymore :suicide-santa: but i think i may have found a winner with these all i need now is my tax return and ill be beatin down THE block with thes babies :dancing:

thanks for the replies

check out my sig... hifonics amp cost $200 on ebay

thanks for the suggestion.right now i am powering the current 12's with jl500/1 i had a rockford p8002 which had more raw power but didnt have the smooth but deep sound as the jl. i might save up and buy jl1000/1. its been a while since i have heard anyone with hifonics amps i dont remember thier sound qualty and how long they last under some pressure thats my biggest fear with buying those. oh and in the other car theres already a us amps 400 putting out 1200-1400@2ohms.

i am probably not going to go with all the extras expt maybe the copper coil for smooth response. if i go too crazy with the woofer power options i will be forced to stay on ebay to find another us amps 400 :peepwall: and use two to get knocking, which i might do just to be crazy later on but problem is the car they are going in is a 74 benz280se. there arent very many options for upgrading the electrical system besides batteries and grounds. i looked for a high current alt but cant find one.

Edited by benz280se

You do realize that a SAZ-1500 @ .5 ohm w/ the electrical we're putting to it will put out in excess of 2000w correct?

I was refering to his amp with 1500-1600 to share between the two, not the one you mentioned... Sorry for the confusion...

Edited by Jpm4536

I was refering to his amp with 1500-1600 to share between the two, not the one you mentioned... Sorry for the confusion...

Ah I see now, my bad.